Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2019 10:36:53 PM EDT
have been shooting a 1100 for a long time and decided its time for something new. Well, actually I dont have that gun anymore (someone "borrowed" it) and I haven't dont any hunting that required a shotgun. But no w I have a friend that is going to get me into turkey hunting and I will probable shoot some ducks and doves from time to time. I love the Benelli M2, just not sure I want to drop that kind of change...what would y'all recommend?

Jake
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy once cry once.  You'll be happy.  Don't be afraid of buying used shotguns.  The used market for shotguns is really soft.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Benelli SBE3
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FredMan] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By beardog30:
Buy once cry once.  You'll be happy.  Don't be afraid of buying used shotguns.  The used market for shotguns is really soft.
View Quote
This.  Get the M2.  I've got them in 12, 20, and SBS.

G0110357-Coakley9 Incoming Rooster-3_ by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_1663-M2 Before by FredMan, on Flickr

Rooster Action Shoot by FredMan, on Flickr

M2 SBS +1 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I handled a retay Masai Mara today. Thing was amazing. Probably going to be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I would personally decide if you want to venture away from gas and go to inertia.  That is a huge factor.  Personally, I will never own any inertia variety, everyone I duck hunt with feels the same way.  But everyone is different.  Inertia guns cannot cycle super light target loads (this may or may not be a factor).

As far as value, spend the money.  They will last.  My last beretta autloader I sold had 10k rounds on it in 3 years.  No failed parts, issues, or hiccups.  It would take most people a lifetime to shoot that many rounds.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:
Benelli SBE3
View Quote
This one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people hate on it, but my Remington Versa Max has cycled light trap loads all the way to 3 1/2 turkey loads with no malfunctions.  I also cleaned it recently for the first time since I got it 3-4 years ago.  Barrel was quite dirty
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:
I would personally decide if you want to venture away from gas and go to inertia.  That is a huge factor.  Personally, I will never own any inertia variety, everyone I duck hunt with feels the same way.  But everyone is different.  Inertia guns cannot cycle super light target loads (this may or may not be a factor).

As far as value, spend the money.  They will last.  My last beretta autloader I sold had 10k rounds on it in 3 years.  No failed parts, issues, or hiccups.  It would take most people a lifetime to shoot that many rounds.
View Quote
Yes they can  My Benelli's shoot reduced recoil target loads almost exclusively because it's usually my GF or my kid who shoots them when we shoot clays.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Why do your duck hunting buddies hate inertia guns?  Can't be the cycling light loads thing if you're duck hunting.

The Benelli inertia system is about as reliable as shotgun cycling can be, short of a pump.  I've never had any issues from light target to heavy turkey with mine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Yes they can  My Benelli's shoot reduced recoil target loads almost exclusively because it's usually my GF or my kid who shoots them when we shoot clays.
View Quote
3/4oz target loads (12g hull) at 1230FPS?  The lightest load ive seen a inertia gun cycle was a 1275 7/8oz load.

May not be a factor to all, as previously noted.  However the option is there with gas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#13]
The new V3 looks pretty good to me. I have no need for a 3.5” gun but if you do the Versamax is an option.

3/4oz target loads (12g hull) at 1230FPS?  The lightest load ive seen a inertia gun cycle was a 1275 7/8oz load.

May not be a factor to all, as previously noted.  However the option is there with gas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is that a commercially loaded option? I’ve been out a long time but aren’t most loads closer to an ounce?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
As far as I am aware, 3/4 oz is not a factory option.  7/8oz is however.  Alot of people are actually swapping to that due to it being a killer load in a 12g hull. It patterns very well due to the shotcup being almost square and very low pellet deformation.  A hot (1350fps) 7/8 load is awesome on birds too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I still trying to decide between gas and inertia....im leaning to inertia because this will be strictly a hunting gun....not shooting all day at the trap range. I like the simplicity of the system
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
They shoot these with zero issues.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900197404
 I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with either Benelli I own and my 12 ga has had the piss shot out of it.  It's been my loaner gun for many years.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Buy once cry once
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By axpilot:
I still trying to decide between gas and inertia....im leaning to inertia because this will be strictly a hunting gun....not shooting all day at the trap range. I like the simplicity of the system
View Quote
At the end of day your not going to go wrong with most of the "b" guns.  Weve got a few A400's and a maxus in the blind and they keep pumping.  Either way it is going to be a good investment for you in the long run. I have always advised to make the decision on gas vs inertia (especially if you havent researched/felt recoil impulse/profiles)  and narrow it from there.   If you need a 3.5" gun, LOP, rib style, barrel length etc. Have you ever been fit or are you somewhat familiar with shotgun fit??
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't been fit....I used an A300 I believe for pheasant....so far the M2 "feels" better...but I have a friend with Both so im going to go shoot them side by side
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't overlook the benefits of the ComforTech stock.

It has real effect after a long day of shooting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I own an A400 with KickOff but I also shoot quite a bit of 3.5" BB for geese.

I'm the only one in the blind with a Beretta, everyone else has a Benelli.

It's proven itself in some pretty tough environments (i.e. wet and sub zero), and has only 'clicked' once, which was when I forgot to load a shell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QCMGR] [#22]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a Beretta Uplander for about $700.  My first semi auto shotgun.  It's nice.  Mine came with really nicely figured walnut for the price point too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top