Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2021 2:13:03 PM EDT
First off we have to buy from Harbor freight as that's is where I received my line of credit. I can go with a different brand that they have there.

Right now it's going to have a easy job and that's if the power goes out so that she can work at home.

We are also planning on using it for out 1 HP well pump. We are trying to get an electrician to come out and set us up with away we can use the generator when the power goes out.

https://www.harborfreight.com/8750-watt-inverter-generator-with-co-secure-technology-57480.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/9500-watt-super-quiet-inverter-generator-with-co-secure-technology-57080.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/9000-watt-gas-powered-portable-generator-epa-iii-63970.html

I really don't know what I'm looking for I know I'd like to get a converter so I can run it off propane. I know there generators are more then what I need but kind of feel it will be nice to have extra power. I case power goes off in the summer still can keep the refrigerator cold.

Like to hear what advice you all have to give me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've usually always had DeWalt Generators without any issues. I recently got a Predator 9000 for shits and giggles and wired it into the panel, it's honestly been pretty impressive. It'll run the A/C, well pump and pretty much anything else in the house without issue. Time will tell how it holds up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've usually always had DeWalt Generators without any issues. I recently got a Predator 9000 for shits and giggles and wired it into the panel, it's honestly been pretty impressive. It'll run the A/C, well pump and pretty much anything else in the house without issue. Time will tell how it holds up.
View Quote

How loud is it? I read a few reviews that talked about how loud it was but saying that the only one I did not read to loud for review was the $1,800 unit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If quite matters you want the middle one.  Otherwise the top one.  I don’t like regular generators after using invertor for so long.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If quite matters you want the middle one.  Otherwise the top one.  I don’t like regular generators after using invertor for so long.
View Quote

Why do you prefer the invertor ones?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why do you prefer the invertor ones?
View Quote

Because they are quiet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How loud is it? I read a few reviews that talked about how loud it was but saying that the only one I did not read to loud for review was the $1,800 unit.
View Quote

I don't consider it to be loud. I've worked around them for a number of years, so maybe not the best judge. With it running full on I can't hear it in the house, but it is about 75' away.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not quite does not matter much I plan on buying a whole house generator down the line. My idea is to  set it next to my well house and make a generator house for it out of brick like the well house.

Saying that now after this generator retires mostly be used for camping or on the land where I need power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top