Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2019 10:58:55 PM EDT
Heating ? Tent with a Log Torch
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched that.  Hell of an idea.  Looked like he used 1” tube.

Little sketchy having the fire right next to the tent though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Who carries that much pipe with them? And where do you find a nice cut log like that out in the forest?
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who carries that much pipe with them? And where do you find a nice cut log like that out in the forest?
View Quote
I think it’s more suitable to a situation where you know you will be there in the future. Like scouts or deer camp. Just cut the logs up in the spring
Probably not a good backpacking plan
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I can think of better ways to heat a tent.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think it’s more suitable to a situation where you know you will be there in the future. Like scouts or deer camp. Just cut the logs up in the spring
View Quote
Yea but then that necessitates packing in a chainsaw at some point. And you still have to carry the stove, and in the end you still end up with an open fire next to your tent. A backpacking stove just seems cheaper and easier from all perspectives.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yea but then that necessitates packing in a chainsaw at some point. And you still have to carry the stove, and in the end you still end up with an open fire next to your tent. A backpacking stove just seems cheaper and easier from all perspectives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t disagree. Just was another way to do it that I never would have thought of.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
That is RETARDED.

It's one hole away from killing you in your sleep.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That is RETARDED.

View Quote
The pipe is drawing in fresh air, and a fire burning that hot and cleanly is going to produce little in the way of CO.

Cool idea if you have a way to pack in the piping.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Neat
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The pipe is drawing in fresh air, and a fire burning that hot and cleanly is going to produce little in the way of CO.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is RETARDED.

I understand how it's INTENDED to function, but if it's a hot and cleanly burning fire then it's almost the same temperature as the melting point of the pipe he's using, not to mention oxidization causing holes if it doesn't just melt through.

Is it going to be as clean burning come dawn? Will it still be one piece? Will it crack if you bump the end?

Here's what happens to AL (the pipe he's using) when exposed to wood fire.

Break Down Aluminum in a Fire Pit - Magic of Hot Shortness // Metal Casting Feedstock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top