Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2019 5:43:17 PM EDT
I thought I remembered a thread years back about somebody compiling a list of medical items to get with a Health Savings Account. I looked but couldn't find it (I even re-upped my team membership to search more thoroughly).

Can anyone shoot the thread link to me?

Or, can you guys list some medical supplies and gear you'd get with a HSA?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I found this little trauma kit that is HSA eligible
Amazon Product
  • A KIT PACKED WITH ESSENTIALS - A small and lightweight kit that's packed with high quality equipment to treat a variety of emergencies and injuries.
  • TRAUMA PACK WITH QUICKCLOT - Stop bleeding on site quickly and efficiently with this selection of essentials, featuring Quickclot advanced clotting sponge to stop bleeding fast.
  • SWAT-T TOURNIQUET - Our kit now includes one of our highest quality tourniquets, the SWAT-T. Treat severe bleeding effectively and reliably.

Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found this little trauma kit that is HSA eligible
www.amazon.com/dp/B00GAAMS2M
View Quote
What makes it HSA eligible?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
No idea, just got looking for HSA first aid kits and sure enough it let me use my hsa at checkout
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/Vehicle-First-Aid-Kit-help-spend-my-money/18-691908/?r=-1&page=1&anc=11840010#i11840010

Do a search by my username if that link doesn’t work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Be careful.  I am not sure how the whole HSA card system works, but my wife used ours accidentally to buy groceries awhile back, they were returned, so I am not sure if the system will reject non-approved items.  Ours didn't.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Amazon has a filter for hsa/fsa items.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Amazon has a filter for hsa/fsa items.
View Quote
Several places have this filter as well... you can always buy it with personal money and then jump on your HSA website and request a reimbursement.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Be careful.  I am not sure how the whole HSA card system works, but my wife used ours accidentally to buy groceries awhile back, they were returned, so I am not sure if the system will reject non-approved items.  Ours didn't.
View Quote
Amazon will not let you use it on anything not approved, that's how I would double check all the trauma kits. Add them to the cart, go to checkout and click payment options. If the hsa option wasnt highlighted, rinse and repeat until you find one that is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top