Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2020 3:18:18 PM EDT
I'm not looking for some extra tac cool carrier but I want something that is a little more comfortable the plats I have are heavy.

The carrier I have is just a stock carrier with not a lot of padding on the shoulders. I did look at BDS and RMA what I liked about BDS is that I could custom the vest more for about the same price as the stock vest at RMA.

I do wish I could get the RMA plates! That company makes some of the best light weight plates and the owner is a Vet and law enforcement! Anyway I don't think they make there own carriers?

I'm looking for that carrier I can hook and loop some mag pouches to and yet feel good on the shoulders even after a 24 hour day wearing it!

I'm in new territory. Never owned stand alone plates before always had it with the soft armor. Like to hear what you all have to say thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Tactical-Gear/10/

You'll get a response here
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Tac-Gear Forum is all about Plates at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Tac-Gear Forum is all about Plates at the moment.

Thanks I'll try. I kind of don't like to leave the Outdoor forums. This site has changed a lot since 2001 some good. Yet it has brought in a lot of rude people that admin will not do anything about because they pay for a membership.

Sorry for the rant! Good to see an old name raf who remembers the times!
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a LBT 6094 from bullet proof me because they were essentially 50% off. Hard to beat that value.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks I'll try. I kind of don't like to leave the Outdoor forums. This site has changed a lot since 2001 some good. Yet it has brought in a lot of rude people that admin will not do anything about because they pay for a membership.

Sorry for the rant! Good to see an old name raf who remembers the times!
View Quote

Good to see you, too, tayous1!  Stay cool, stay safe!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a LBT 6094 from bullet proof me because they were essentially 50% off. Hard to beat that value.
View Quote

This item is a superb value, but I question whether it is a US-made LBT item, or a Mis-represented LBX item; the Mis-representation being on the part of the vendor, not the poster.  LBX is LBT's overseas subsidiary, and I have bought LBX items sewn in Peru.  Note the text: "Sewn in Peru to the high standards of LBT".  That tells me that it is an LBX clone of the US-made LBT item.  

I have zero doubt that the item depicted is well-made, and an excellent value.  If one is not concerned about the origin of the item, I suggest this is an excellent value, and based on my personal experience with similar LBX items, I concur that it is a superb value.

Buy it if it fits.  At the very least, it was not sewn in a Communist country.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This item is a superb value, but I question whether it is a US-made LBT item, or a Mis-represented LBX item; the Mis-representation being on the part of the vendor, not the poster.  LBX is LBT's overseas subsidiary, and I have bought LBX items sewn in Peru.  Note the text: "Sewn in Peru to the high standards of LBT".  That tells me that it is an LBX clone of the US-made LBT item.  

I have zero doubt that the item depicted is well-made, and an excellent value.  If one is not concerned about the origin of the item, I suggest this is an excellent value, and based on my personal experience with similar LBX items, I concur that it is a superb value.

Buy it if it fits.  At the very least, it was not sewn in a Communist country.  YMMV.
View Quote

@raf

I bought one and have it here. I see no indication that it of anything but superb quality. Want me to take any detailed pictures for you to determine authenticity?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@raf

I bought one and have it here. I see no indication that it of anything but superb quality. Want me to take any detailed pictures for you to determine authenticity?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@raf

Thanks, but not necessary.  If you say it's of good quality, I believe you.  Where it's from, either LBT or LBX doesn't matter much, as both are made to high standards.  Where its' from will only matter in the unlikely event warranty work is needed.  I am sure your piece of gear is top-notch, but I always give every new-to-me piece of kit a very thorough inspection, and I advise your doing the same, "just-in-case" there is some manufacturing problem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#10]
This is what was recommended to me, by forum members many months ago - it’s a LBT 6094 clone and made in the USA: AWS
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not looking for some extra tac cool carrier but I want something that is a little more comfortable the plats I have are heavy.

The carrier I have is just a stock carrier with not a lot of padding on the shoulders. I did look at BDS and RMA what I liked about BDS is that I could custom the vest more for about the same price as the stock vest at RMA.

I do wish I could get the RMA plates! That company makes some of the best light weight plates and the owner is a Vet and law enforcement! Anyway I don't think they make there own carriers?

I'm looking for that carrier I can hook and loop some mag pouches to and yet feel good on the shoulders even after a 24 hour day wearing it!

I'm in new territory. Never owned stand alone plates before always had it with the soft armor. Like to hear what you all have to say thanks!
View Quote

Shellback Tactical is worth a look.  Just bought a lower end carrier for less than 2 bills including a 3 mag pouch for pistol mags and a flag patch.  Well reviewed and it's made in the USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top