Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2018 6:50:41 PM EDT
I am going to hunt waterfowl this season (geese start Saturday!) and I want to add this to a Benelli Super Black Eagle II.  I checked the table here and it’s the proper size.  I have a small fiber optic on it now but wanted something that will draw in more light.

Have this now:

Thinking of buying this:

Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have magnetic Hi Viz fiber optic sights on several of my shotguns, Winchester Model 50 12 Gauge, Remington 870 Express 20 Gauge, Remington 870 Express .410 and just last week, put one on my Mossberg Silver Reserve II 28 Gauge O/U. I've never had one fly off in the "heat of battle" but I'm not shooting high brass 3.5" magnums either. Seeing that they run between $16.00 - $19.00, it wouldn't be a budget breaker if you did loose one in the field. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad uses one on his  Benelli sbe
Been a few years, he abuses the everloving hell out of his duck guns and it’s still there

I used on on a Saiga for awhile before I switched to an aimpoint in a Midwest side mount, it worked pretty well

It’s (for me anyway) a lot easier to pick up the red than the green over open water or when it’s time to take the birds who dumped into the decoys 45 seconds after legal light

Another option is this,
Scaled ring that replaces the mid bead, longer light pipe that mounts in the original front bead threads
http://www.deadringerhunting.com/product/duck-buster/
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My dad uses one on his  Benelli sbe
Been a few years, he abuses the everloving hell out of his duck guns and it’s still there

I used on on a Saiga for awhile before I switched to an aimpoint in a Midwest side mount, it worked pretty well

It’s (for me anyway) a lot easier to pick up the red than the green over open water or when it’s time to take the birds who dumped into the decoys 45 seconds after legal light

Another option is this,
Scaled ring that replaces the mid bead, longer light pipe that mounts in the original front bead threads
http://www.deadringerhunting.com/product/duck-buster/
View Quote
@Reloder56

Thanks guys.

@GlockLuvinRedleg

It looks like the sight comes with both red and green inserts so I can try the red ones as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention , pick up a couple spare light pipes/extra sight set if you can,
Sometimes life happens and they slip out/melt/dissapear/get eaten by your hunting buddies worthless lab
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I forgot to mention , pick up a couple spare light pipes/extra sight set if you can,
Sometimes life happens and they slip out/melt/dissapear/get eaten by your hunting buddies worthless lab
View Quote
Will do.

ETA:  @GlockLuvinRedleg

I just got the sight in today.  It comes with 2 red and 1 green spare pipes, with an additional green one already installed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
This works well especially for right hand shooters left eye dominant who shoot with both eyes open. It’s been on my SBE 2 for 10 years with no issues.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005801958/champion-easy-hit-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-25mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top