Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 6:45:37 PM EDT
Well it's been a long pause for Hamvention. In 2019 I started work with a company in Southern Ohio and explicitly stated that I would need travel to HQ during the week prior or post hamvention. They laughed and agreed. This is the first year it looks like I'm going to make it.

This year I'm planning on having the mobile shack (RV) has anyone camped at Greene County? I imagine it's filled up, any other good close by spots?

Look forward to catching up with a few of you I haven't seen in years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No help on camping, but I’ll be there.

Are we going to have an arf meet up?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a campground about .1 mile from me and a 15 min drive to the fairgrounds  pm me if you want more info
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
@Wodstock for next year.

We're not gonna make it this year, so no little yellow bird hanging around helping out at the VE sessions.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Wodstock for next year.

We're not gonna make it this year, so no little yellow bird hanging around helping out at the VE sessions.
View Quote
Fairgrounds are uber expensive. I wouldn't bother
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are we going to have an arf meet up?
View Quote

I miss the arf meet ups, and Hickory River Smokehouse.

At this point it's highly unlikely I'll be able to get away from farming to get to the hamvention. I'd be willing to give the new location another try.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there working, and at FDIM.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I think we need to do a get together. Is our tiki ham going to be there? Wonder about workbench guys
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a common freq/freqs we can find eachother on?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The arfcom 70cm simplex frequency (440.975) was what was used in the past. I would strongly advise getting together on a PL (or better, DPL) tone for the event... we used one in the past but I don't remember what it was and don't have programming handy - 110.9 CTCSS is what was used in the past. 2m is generally very difficult due to interference issues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I miss the arf meet ups, and Hickory River Smokehouse.

At this point it's highly unlikely I'll be able to get away from farming to get to the hamvention. I'd be willing to give the new location another try.
View Quote

I miss the meet ups too.

Can't go this year, I'm on work shift that week.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The arfcom 70cm simplex frequency (440.975) was what was used in the past. I would strongly advise getting together on a PL (or better, DPL) tone for the event... we used one in the past but I don't remember what it was and don't have programming handy - 110.9 CTCSS is what was used in the past. 2m is generally very difficult due to interference issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, would be nice if something was settled on for sure so we know but I'll program that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK, would be nice if something was settled on for sure so we know but I'll program that.
View Quote

Settled.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully I'll make it, I have a conflict in my schedule but trying to get out of it.  Ive never been before and would like to check it out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Settled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Settled.

Excellent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Thinking of going Friday and and maybe Sunday. LMK if anyone going is looking for a used once FT5DR.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thinking of going Friday and and maybe Sunday. LMK if anyone going is looking for a used once FT5DR.

View Quote

I'm going on Friday.  We should meet up somewhere
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm going on Friday.  We should meet up somewhere
View Quote

Yep. At least in Xenia somewhere, probably won't be able to get there before mid-morning.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm currently at the holiday in Fairborn for four days in may on Thursday and heading to work at HV friday-sunday.

Pm me if anyone is interested in saying hi.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Any good deals there?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any good deals there?
View Quote

I have some coupons to hand out, and I believe there to be a discount at hamvention.

Contest university will have a coupon too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm currently at the holiday in Fairborn for four days in may on Thursday and heading to work at HV friday-sunday.

Pm me if anyone is interested in saying hi.
View Quote

Time/ schedule for me is fluid, just going to be on 440.975 when I get there.

@ohiogators
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any good deals there?
View Quote

I just need 75' or so of ladder line. R&L probably will have it cheaper..
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I live close by, so I'll be there Friday. I'm not into ham radios but a good friend from Columbus is so we're going to meet there. I did on the ground recon of the parking options the other day and decided on Hobson Freedom Park and take a shuttle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
At this point it's highly unlikely I'll be able to get away from farming to get to the hamvention.
View Quote

4 1/2 inches of rain this week, guess I should have made reservations
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Great time there today.

@Alembic - we walked 4.2 miles
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Great time there today.

@Alembic - we walked 4.2 miles
View Quote

That's all?  

That was a lot of fun.

I have to go to an event in Beavercreek today, might swing by afterwards for the 160m antenna.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Never could seem to catch up with anyone although I talked to a few of you on the freq.

I grabbed the lightning fried IC-7300 up by the main buildings for $100. Will see if my $100 gamble pays off when I get home and I am lucky enough to somehow fix it. It looks pristine inside and out so who knows.

I really wanted the PRC-138 but the guy wouldn't deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top