Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2021 9:08:49 PM EDT
I’ve been looking at used stuff and everything is just so damn high. Went looking at Kubota and the dealer said they had some  compact tractors coming in in a couple months. But at there other location they had this little Massey last years model. They knocked $700 bucks off and delivered it. I got it and I really like it. The operator platform is way nicer then the Kubota and it’s hydro stat too. It’s a 1726EAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks "useful" to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about new ones but our old one just ran when I was a kid.  It’s only issues were self inflicted.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations!  

Gotta love a new tractor.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]

New tractor day is a grand day.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Good gawd man, put some dirt on that thing be fire my OCD starts itching!

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good gawd man, put some dirt on that thing be fire my OCD starts itching!

View Quote
This.

At least get the tires muddy and post a new photo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Put your wife on it and take pics.

Seriously, my wife sits behind a desk all week and deals with unpleasant situations on the telephone.

She loves getting on the tractor.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Well it’s dirty and momma has been driving the heck out of it. We have moved a big rock that was in the front yard and reworked the hog lot around. Getting it set up for the next round of feeder pigs. We have been looking at what implements we want to get for it. It will be super handy for plowing the driveway. And it will be really handy when we build the new rabbit barn and run in shed for the goats.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well it's dirty and momma has been driving the heck out of it. We have moved a big rock that was in the front yard and reworked the hog lot around. Getting it set up for the next round of feeder pigs. We have been looking at what implements we want to get for it. It will be super handy for plowing the driveway. And it will be really handy when we build the new rabbit barn and run in shed for the goats.
View Quote
Pics of the dirty tractor?

Pics of wife on tractor optional.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a 30HP Kubota B7800 that's almost 15yrs old.  My neighbor bought a Massey 1726 a couple years ago.  Given it is a little bit heavier, very comparable on power to the ground lifting, pulling, loader, homeowner stuff.  I think you will be plenty happy with it.  CONGRATS!!

1st attachment should be a ballast box or counterweight.  These smaller tractors don't weigh enough and the loader hydraulics are strong enough to lift the back end and tip you over.  A drawbar and a 55 gallon plastic barrel full of concrete and scrap steel is about the cheapest option.  Get your barrel mocked up the way you want it.  Leave it at your local ReadyMix place.  They will fill it for cheap when washing out a truck.

2nd attachment would be some pallet forks for the loader.  I went with the pin on version as opposed to the skid steer style as that size of tractor is already limited on lift.  For the couple times a year I need a bucket, the hassle to swap is not a problem.  Then start scouring Craigslist and FB and find someone selling plastic pallets and IBC Tote Cages.  Palletize EVERYTHING!!

Also find a level spot (concretes the best) to use when you detach the loader.  That can be a pain to get remounted.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the tips. Pallet forks are top on the list. Did score a little homemade blade at a sale for $10. Looks like it’s about to get some work putting in a new fence. Have a stubborn calf that keeps going to the neighbors. Funny thing is the other one just stares at her and won’t follow her to the other side. Oh and I found an old Ferguson transport box the boy and I are going to get back into shape.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pics of the dirty tractor?

Pics of wife on tractor optional.
View Quote

This will get you an Attaboy!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Pulled the hitching post out today. Definitely won’t be needing it. Getting the bit more time on the machine
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1st attachment should be a ballast box or counterweight.
View Quote

I use the back blade when I need a counterweight.
The bush hog adds too much length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top