Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2018 6:11:33 PM EDT
Anyone using one? What brand? Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use couple of solar lawn lights.
It won’t scare hogs off after a while. A motion activated light is more likely to scare them off.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just use couple of solar lawn lights.
It won’t scare hogs off after a while. A motion activated light is more likely to scare them off.
View Quote
Should have been more specific

There is/was a company that sold a green motion activated feeder lights, that when tripped the lights start to very slowly light up to avoid spooking animals off.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Should have been more specific

There is/was a company that sold a green motion activated feeder lights, that when tripped the lights start to very slowly light up to avoid spooking animals off.
View Quote
They work great. There could be a small break-in period while your critters get used to them. But yeah, they work.  If you're not already looking at Sniper Hog Lights and Elusive Wildlife Technologies, that's where you should be spending your money.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Sniper Hog Light is a great investment if you have a single feeder you need to hunt
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
I use two of these lights over some pig pipes I have staked out.  Hogs don't care about them at all.  Enough light to shoot without night vision. I use a Romeo5 on a 10.5" .556 with great results....
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve had good success with elusive wildlife green feeder lights. I have them on all my feeders. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had good luck with Elusive.

They are great to deal with on the phone and don't mind sharing information.

We have one of their lights under a feeder at deer camp.

It works well, see a lot of deer under it.

Pigs seem to run a scout and don't come to that feeder/stand until you are sitting on the front porch, as verified by game cams.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Have one of these that’s been running three years without fail.  I do wish the light would stay on a bit longer when it’s tripped, but 20 seconds is usually enough.

I have a collection of more expensive setups that are more trouble than they’re worth.  These are hard to beat for $30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top