Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2021 4:25:02 PM EDT
This is a neat little campground/resort owned by some friends of mine. It’s east of Meeker up the White river valley. Really nice folks and their rates are very reasonable.

Ute Lodge

Great fly fishing and trail riding/hiking in the area and it’s in a little corner of Colorado that isn’t a giant tourist trap.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe next year. I was thinking of a trip to Moab and that’d be a great night in between.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Been  there and it is nice.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe next year. I was thinking of a trip to Moab and that’d be a great night in between.

View Quote

I liked Rifle Gap. Really nice sites. I stopped there between Moab and Denver.

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311470/D417CFF5-AA92-41C8-B3A4-A4F1B3722C28_jpe-1923651.JPG
View Quote

Did you fish that reservoir?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311470/D417CFF5-AA92-41C8-B3A4-A4F1B3722C28_jpe-1923651.JPG
View Quote

One day last summer, we cut through the country on gravel roads from Ute Lodge down to Rifle Falls and then through Rifle Gap into Rifle and had lunch. It’s a beautiful area.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Already have reservations for Chapman campground next week but if I get out that way I will check them out.
We will be going into Rifle, there is a restaurant there I want to support.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, Shooters can always use more support.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is a neat little campground/resort owned by some friends of mine. It's east of Meeker up the White river valley. Really nice folks and their rates are very reasonable.

Ute Lodge

Great fly fishing and trail riding/hiking in the area and it's in a little corner of Colorado that isn't a giant tourist trap.
View Quote
@RobertL thanks for posting this.  Just booked with them later this summer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a neat little campground/resort owned by some friends of mine. It's east of Meeker up the White river valley. Really nice folks and their rates are very reasonable.

Ute Lodge

Great fly fishing and trail riding/hiking in the area and it's in a little corner of Colorado that isn't a giant tourist trap.

@Slickbaby

We’ll be there July 26-Aug 15.  Look us up if you’re out there then. We’ll be in an Airstream with a bright red F350.  You’re also welcome to IM me if you need any recommendations for side by side rentals or horseback/fly fishing guides. Be sure and check out Trappers Lake, Rifle Falls and take a day trip to Dinosaur Monument. The Museum of Northwest Colorado in Craig also has a great collection of antique Colts and Winchesters if you’re into that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Slickbaby

We'll be there July 26-Aug 15.  Look us up if you're out there then. We'll be in an Airstream with a bright red F350.  You're also welcome to IM me if you need any recommendations for side by side rentals or horseback/fly fishing guides. Be sure and check out Trappers Lake, Rifle Falls and take a day trip to Dinosaur Monument. The Museum of Northwest Colorado in Craig also has a great collection of antique Colts and Winchesters if you're into that kind of thing.
View Quote
@RobertL we're out there June 22-June 26th, so we'll miss you by a month.  SxS rentals sounds cool, we have a few children with us so not sure the horseback thing will fly but as I understand it they do give free pony rides for the kids so we'll try that out.  I'll definitely check out some of those other spots.  I really need to spend more time in this area, I bow hunt in the meadow creek lake but haven't gone into meeker or any place around that area.  It's beautiful country up there
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@RobertL we're out there June 22-June 26th, so we'll miss you by a month.  SxS rentals sounds cool, we have a few children with us so not sure the horseback thing will fly but as I understand it they do give free pony rides for the kids so we'll try that out.  I'll definitely check out some of those other spots.  I really need to spend more time in this area, I bow hunt in the meadow creek lake but haven't gone into meeker or any place around that area.  It's beautiful country up there
View Quote

Rent your SxS at Gianinettis
in Meeker, be sure to have them deliver it to the campground for you. Only costs $150 extra and gives you a couple of extra hours of ride time on your rental.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump to make this easier to find. I’m planning at trip to Meeker for Independence Day week. Pretty excited to try out that trail system.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

in Meeker, be sure to have them deliver it to the campground for you. Only costs $150 extra and gives you a couple of extra hours of ride time on your rental.
View Quote
@RobertL we're getting ready to hit this place up, I was going to reserve the SxS.  Are the trails pretty self evident to find from the campground?  I have a party of 5, 3 adults and 2 toddlers (4,5).  Better to get one 6 person or a 2 person and 4 person?  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@RobertL we're getting ready to hit this place up, I was going to reserve the SxS.  Are the trails pretty self evident to find from the campground?  I have a party of 5, 3 adults and 2 toddlers (4,5).  Better to get one 6 person or a 2 person and 4 person?  Thanks for the info!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the two little ones, I would get the 6 person and just stick them in the middle. We had 4 adults and an 8 year old in that unit last year and did fine.  They will provide you with a tablet with a gps map program that works great. They also sell a great map for $5 if you want a backup. The trails are well marked, we’ve never had a problem navigating.

Have fun! We’ll be out there in about 6 weeks. I can’t wait.

@Slickbaby

ETA, tell Karl Bob said Hi!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Leaving for Colorado Sunday, can’t wait!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Leaving for Colorado Sunday, can’t wait!
View Quote

Of all the places that supposedly “treat you like family” Ute Lodge definitely delivers. That was one of the most relaxing weeks of my life.

Anything I mentioned I might need they were offering before I finished asking or my personal preference ‘it’s right over there if you need it. Just take it’.

The wildlife, the riding, the hiking, the views, great fishing nearby. What more could a person ask for? (I stayed in the yurt for the week)

It’s 30 miles from anything so anybody thinking of going make sure to plan accordingly.

ETA There’s a lady that sells ice nearby. That’s about the only close provision.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

There were so many signs of bear I wasn’t man enough to go on night hikes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Momma moose track. I got video at 15 yards of her and her calf. I scared the little one and she came back to stomp my guts out. Thankfully she didn’t see me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Here’s a screenshot from the vid.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Of all the places that supposedly “treat you like family” Ute Lodge definitely delivers. That was one of the most relaxing weeks of my life.

Anything I mentioned I might need they were offering before I finished asking or my personal preference ‘it’s right over there if you need it. Just take it’.

The wildlife, the riding, the hiking, the views, great fishing nearby. What more could a person ask for? (I stayed in the yurt for the week)

It’s 30 miles from anything so anybody thinking of going make sure to plan accordingly.

ETA There’s a lady that sells ice nearby. That’s about the only close provision.
View Quote

Glad you enjoyed it! Karl and Mona are great hosts. It’s not a fancy place but I absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Glad you enjoyed it! Karl and Mona are great hosts. It’s not a fancy place but I absolutely love it.
View Quote

They certainly are!

Simple men like myself don’t need fancy. I needed exactly what it is. A beautiful place run by caring people.

I did share with a few people how that area goes from simplicity to beyond extravagant in just a few miles. That Elk Creek Lodge is quite the place.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Getting the hitch set up so we can roll out in the morning!

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn
View Quote

I bet that rides like a Cadillac even on Colorado’s busted ass roads.  

Are you and the family the outdoorsy type? Plenty of great places to camp and ride out east but I’m sure you’re already aware of that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Of all the places that supposedly "treat you like family" Ute Lodge definitely delivers. That was one of the most relaxing weeks of my life.

Anything I mentioned I might need they were offering before I finished asking or my personal preference 'it's right over there if you need it. Just take it'.

It's 30 miles from anything so anybody thinking of going make sure to plan accordingly.

ETA There's a lady that sells ice nearby. That's about the only close provision.
View Quote
Agreed!  We had an amazing time too!
 Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#25]
We have camp set up and have already been for a short SxS ride to say hi and visit with some of the locals we know.

The table set up under the awning is my outdoor kitchen complete with electric and water. I do most of the cooking when we camp and I don’t like cooking in the camper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top