Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2018 11:48:18 PM EDT
Bought my first boat this summer. I've had it out about 8 times now, and just found this forum section, so I thought I would share.

After looking for months on craigslist for a used boat for a decent price, and having a heart attack at the prices of new Lund's, I decided to go with a new Tracker V175 Combo I saw at Bass Pro. The purchase process was super easy, no pressure, no sleazyness, it was awesome.

It has the Mercury Four Stroke 115. It's an awesome engine. You can't hear it when it's idling, and even at full throttle, you can still hold a conversation with the person in the passenger seat.

So far, for the boat itself, it's pretty great. I do catch and release, so I haven't really used the live wells yet, but I did turn on the pump to drain the rear one to make sure it works. I love the jump seats in the rear fold down to make a big fishing platform.

When I went to pick it up, I also purchased a Humminbird Helix 9si, so I pulled the Lowrance hook that it came with, and put it up front, with the Helix at the helm. Having it now, I want a second Helix up front now . The trolling motor itself is the digital 55lb one. It will probably be the next thing I upgrade, because I'd like to get one with a remote, and auto pilot/spot hold.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After my wife returned from her training she was at all month, she came home, and got the skunk out of the boat for me.
Attachment Attached File

The dog (the only lab that I have seen that is afraid of water) seems to approve of it as well.
Attachment Attached File

My son, who was in Idaho with his grandma all summer came home, and has been on it a couple times so far. He likes riding around, but not so much me fishing all the time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  Nice boat!  I was thinking of something similar.  How does your 4runner do in towing it?  Was planning on getting a 4runner or Highlander to tow my future boat purchase.  Would prefer not to get a Sequioa.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet boat, brother!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome!  Nice boat!  I was thinking of something similar.  How does your 4runner do in towing it?  Was planning on getting a 4runner or Highlander to tow my future boat purchase.  Would prefer not to get a Sequioa.
View Quote
So far, it's worked pretty good. It has plenty of power to tow it. I got my brake controller installed (super easy, the 4runner actually comes with the cable), and then when I go to pick it up, I figured out the trailer has surge brakes. I haven't towed it long distances, or up any huge hills, but I'd say it's gonna work just fine. It does kick the milage down quite a bit I've noticed though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!

Fishing at Lake Chickamauga?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, my father just got the tracker pro 160. It's a fun little boat.

Hope you continue enjoying the new boat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very nice!

View Quote
Yup. Most times I put in at Chester Frost, as it's 5 miles straight down the road from my house.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup. Most times I put in at Chester Frost, as it's 5 miles straight down the road from my house.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice!

I'm on the other side of the river, put in off Hwy 48 58 at Wolftever if I'm going out on the lake.

I mostly fish below the dam.

Edited to fix typo
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm on the other side of the river, put in off Hwy 48 at Wolftever if I'm going out on the lake.

I mostly fish below the dam.
View Quote
Cool, yeah, just five minutes by boat from my side... or 30 min by car. I've gone over there a couple times while I've been out.  I haven't put into the river yet, but I might soon. I'm just getting into the lake fishing stuff (and I'm rubbish). I grew up fly fishing in Idaho for trout, and since I moved here three years ago, I've still mostly done trout fishing up in the mountains. Just this past year have I started spin fishing for bass.. or whatever happens to bite my lure.  So far I've just been getting used to the boat, how it behaves, while throwing out a texas rig, or a swim jig, or whatever wrong bait to use. Eventually, I may get a hang of it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice.  I have been seriously considering getting a boat and that one is on my short list. Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rig!

Random question, but my buddy has a Tracker  that he bought from Bass Pro about 10 years ago. He also does catch and release and doesnt use the livewells. He lets me borrow it a few times a year and Im still confused about the drain plug setup, that I assume would be the same as what you have. It has 2 main plugs in the rear under the motor. Do you know which one is for the livewells? I used it a couple months ago, left both in and the livewells would completely drain (duh), but when I borrowed it last year I took one out, livewells would drain, but the boat would take on water just sitting at the dock overnight and I would have to run the bilge a couple times a day.

Just looking for the right one to remove so I can fully drain the livewell but not have it take on water.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice rig!

Random question, but my buddy has a Tracker  that he bought from Bass Pro about 10 years ago. He also does catch and release and doesnt use the livewells. He lets me borrow it a few times a year and Im still confused about the drain plug setup, that I assume would be the same as what you have. It has 2 main plugs in the rear under the motor. Do you know which one is for the livewells? I used it a couple months ago, left both in and the livewells would completely drain (duh), but when I borrowed it last year I took one out, livewells would drain, but the boat would take on water just sitting at the dock overnight and I would have to run the bilge a couple times a day.

Just looking for the right one to remove so I can fully drain the livewell but not have it take on water.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

The middle silver one is the bilge drain. The black plastic port to the upper left is the rear livewell drain. I plug both when I go out, as I found my livewell would fill up even with the drain plug screwed in, in the well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top