User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2021 4:59:28 PM EDT
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Zpacks or Leki
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What’s your budget? Do you plan to have them in your hands more than they’re on your pack? What kind of terrain?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Woodland and some low rolling hills. Use it mostly while out squirrel hunting and not looking for anything over $50
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using a pair of Komperdells, either a single pole on short hikes or both on longer trips, for probably twenty years now.  They're a bit over $50 but you can find them on sale sometimes.  My cousin who I hike with a good bit uses a pair of lower end Black Diamonds and seems to be happy with them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any suggestions?
View Quote
Asked and answered!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/Trekking-poles/26-701720/
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Cascade Mountain Tech.  They sell them at Costco in the summertime or on Amazon year round.  They run about $25

Andrew Skurka, who's hiked every trail known to man gives them a real positive review, based on what they are.  The are a low cost entry level durable hiking pole for first timer to use.

https://andrewskurka.com/long-term-review-cascade-mountain-tech-quick-lock-poles/
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Costco brand has reasonably priced ones for basic use.

I have a pair of lighter and more compact black diamonds that I use for hiking and ski touring.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is what I ordered.
Poles
I mainly use one when out squirrel hunting and I like to use the pole as a shooting stick to support my PCP airgun.
I figured buy a pair and have a back up.

Once i get some time with them I report back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is what I ordered.
Poles
I mainly use one when out squirrel hunting and I like to use the pole as a shooting stick to support my PCP airgun.
I figured buy a pair and have a back up.

Once i get some time with them I report back.
View Quote

You should have read the other thread an gotten some with carbide tips.

Ah well....  ?????
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ah well....  ?????
View Quote

No rock in my area.... Dirt, mud and snow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
https://youtu.be/WjpsZXu9xbE
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ah well....  ?????
View Quote

The ones he linked have metal tip inserts, whether they’re actually carbide is another story and I wasn’t reading through the mess of poorly-formatted text to find out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The ones he linked have metal tip inserts, whether they’re actually carbide is another story and I wasn’t reading through the mess of poorly-formatted text to find out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah well....  ?????

CTRL+F says it's not on the page.  ;)
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Wife and I have some Black Diamonds that have been to the tops of a lot of mountains.

Just make sure you adjust them properly or you look like a moron.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

CTRL+F says it's not on the page.  ;)
View Quote

That doesn’t work on my iPad, I just looked at the actual item and saw little metal things on the ends.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#17]
The poles I bought did come with a carbide tip (Calls it out in the tag that came with)

I had a chance to use one of them last week. Just what I was looking for. Stable and easy to assemble/adjust.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ve been using the cheap Costco ones.  Not brutal hard use, but I do use them and they’ve held up well.  No complaints and if I break or lost then I’d replace in kind.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had my Leki's for about 17 years and they still work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top