Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2020 1:48:29 PM EDT
Would a BCM upper be ok for yote hunting?

Or should I look at something more higher end or more designed for hunting
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Any decent AR15 is fine for coyotes, it’s more about calling them in and when to take the shot.  The older RR and BM predator and varmint uppers were very nice and extremely accurate though. If you could find one they’d not disappoint you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I recommend using some heavy bullets in the .223 such as the 64gr Power Points of Speer 70gr Semi-Spitzer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Any decent quality 1 in 7 twist will work nicely. You can shoot heavier bullets in the 60 to 77gr range . I'd spend more money on a good call.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Any gun is a good coyote gun!

What I would rank most important gear wise would be 1. a call, 2. camo, 3. bullets, 4. glass, 5. a gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any gun is a good coyote gun!

What I would rank most important gear wise would be 1. a call, 2. camo, 3. bullets, 4. glass, 5. a gun.
View Quote

( 1) would be location,  Cruz if they ain't there, they aren't coming..
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Since the question was about the gun, your BCM upper will do just fine provided it's accurate enough at the range at which you intend to use it.

2 MOA capable or better is preferred, as they're small and skittish.  Decent glass will help you be more precise at 50 and beyond.

Load-wise, I've had great success with lighter bullets, my hand load with a Hornady 55gr SP puts them down right quick, no exit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

( 1) would be location,  Cruz if they ain't there, they aren't coming..
View Quote

So true

BCM upper would be fine OP.  I'm in the heavy bullet fan club.  Buddy I hunt with shoots the Atomic 77gr TMK load and it's hard on them.  Been plenty killed with light bullets too.  Shoot any quality non FMJ bullet and you'll be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top