Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2018 6:26:00 AM EDT
What wind proof gloves do you recommend for temperatures down to zero degrees fahrenheit ?

I've been through several in the $30+ range that don't actually work (in spite of their ratings)
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
How much physical exertion will you be doing?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got LL Bean’s leather gloves and they are very nice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much physical exertion will you be doing?
View Quote
Typically,  manual snow removal along with snow blower assist
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank all...I appreciate your input.
It's a bit frustrating...
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
i have the Marmot on piste gloves and they've kept me warm while hiking to about 10~ degrees. i think in general, ski gloves will be a good bet for cold weather/water proof gloves.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I worked as a ski lift mechanic one winter and found generic “trucker” work gloves with GI wool inserts kept my hands warm when the guys wearing the expensive ski gloves complained theirs were freezing. Definitely get the full-grain (smooth leather) gloves, not the split-grain (suede) ones.

EMS Summit Gloves keep my hands warm when snowshoeing or hiking in temps well below zero. These are a soft shell glove that I don’t find quite as warm as the old Ascent Summit Gore-Tex hardshell glove, but with moderate activity around 0F your hands should be toasty warm with the Summits. They have Summit mittens, too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in the mitten group for warmth unless you need the dexterity.
Llama or Alpaca wool is at the top of the list.
Even soaking wet while snowblowing in a nor'easter your fingers are warm.
Remove the mitts and the steam rolls off your hands.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys...
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I started a glove thread last year and ordered a few different ones based on the advice.

One of the better ones is the Kinco 901 gloves, I feel they are an excellent value for money. My only complaint with them is they are stiff but once I actually use them enough to break them in that would probably go away. I also got some outdoor research "revolution" gloves which are very nice but I generally don't want to be out snow blowing with them and working with them since they are rather pricey but they are super comfortable.

I find that any glove is hard to keep at least one hand warm when snow blowing because you are clenching the muscle and reducing the blood circulation.

The surplus ECW mittens (older OD green ones with the wool backing) are nice and you can get them cheap off ebay. You wont find a new mitten of that quality for the kind of price they bring.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Snow machine gloves will be some of the warmest, but also a mitten is far warmer then a glove..layers are warmest, so a good thin wool/synthetic liner with a heavy thick loose fitting mitten will be warmest...Some of my buddy's swear by these...

https://www.klim.com/Klimate-Glove-3239-003
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top