Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2019 9:57:51 PM EDT
Selling my n750 and looking at getting either a pulsar rxq30 or flir pts233 and looking for any opinions. Will be used for hogs in Texas and coyote in Illinois. Most of my stands give me shots under 125 yards. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Flir...
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Of those two, the flir will give you slightly better image(my opinion, not scientific fact)
The pulsar will offer WAY better customer support, if needed. Supposedly they’re using the standard black/white screen now . That’s a plus over the green(also opinion, not scientific fact)
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go larger on the pulsar to 50 range. I can't help with the Flir, but everyone I know that has them are fairly happy compared to people who have purchased the lower scale ATN's. Yet I've stacked a lot of pork with my old ATN Gen1+ NV. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned both.  I'd buy the RXQ again but not the Flir.  Too many customer service horror stories.  Plusar makes life so easy.  These things are basically video cameras with reticles inside.  They end up needing service.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the opinions it's looking like pulsar might be in the lead I also like the picture in picture option. Anybody who uses pulsar like the pip?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for all the opinions it's looking like pulsar might be in the lead I also like the picture in picture option. Anybody who uses pulsar like the pip?
View Quote
Yeah it’s great especially when they get confused and run towards you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
PIP is awesome once you get used to it. Switch to the large screen for up close and moving shots, then look at the PIP for the further shots once they’re getting away.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I just read that the rxq30v new models went back to the black/white screen instead of the green. I am also looking at the new thermion xm30 which is a little more than I wanted to spend but might be able to make it work in the budget.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
A friendly psa, I just picked up a Pulsar xp50 from a known seller on this site. The optic I recieved was used ( very obviously) and repackaged as new. The box I recieved looked like it had been manhandled ALOT to the point I was suspicious before opening,  the owners manual had creased pages, witness marks on the base from being mounted, etc.  There is a thread on another forum that an alleged pulsar employee claims they resell  warranty Returns as new in certain circumstances. I'm not going to mention the seller pending a resolution,  just throwing this out there if you're considering a Pulsar
( which is a great product)
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Pulsar does sell “refurbished “ that’s not a secret.  Was is a secret is some “dealers” ordering those, at a discount, and passing them off as new . There’s a pretty good mark up as is, but if they can make a couple hundred extra off of you....  I’m sure somebody will say “ buy from a reputable dealer” , there’s plenty of “well known dealers “that do it . I can go on for days about this kind of stuff. Next time somebody trying to flex their superior knowledge on the subject will selling you something, ask them how many pigs/coyotes they killed last week.

To the guy above. Sending you a pm

Eta.... you should post your experiences in the NV forum, and every other forum you can find . Name seller in public, and your problem will quickly be resolved .

To be clear I’m operating under assumption you bought “new” and got shipped refurbished, exactly as you described.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Call it what you want, I dont buy used optics .Period.
I'm giving the seller the benefit of the doubt that
1; they did not open the package,  so it was not noticed as being used
2; the person that packed it for shipping was blind and mentally challenged,  therefore didn't notice the box was fucking hammered and had been folded/unfolded enough times that the printing had worn off and the corners were worn through.

ETA, pm received,  thank you for reaching out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can you get refurbished pulsar optics?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
You can go through pulsar/sellmark directly, or you can go through a dealer of your choice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where can you get refurbished pulsar optics?
View Quote
Must not be too difficult,  I got one and wasn't even trying
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got the RXQ 30 after the same sole searching.  I decided that the customer service was the clincher.  I really wanted a way to offload the video, but in the end the PIP function trumped that feature.

It's like having a zoom and full screen at the same time.  The green is not bad, and does really help with limiting the shock of switching back and forth in light.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty happy with my PTS736 as far as the hardware and performance in the field. My biggest complaint is lack of customer service. It's almost impossible to get firmware updates via FLIR and I've had to go through people who were lucky enough to contact someone at FLIR to get the files. At this point, I've given up trying to contact FLIR directly for anything as there has been no response to any email or voicemail going on months.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just got the RXQ 30 after the same sole searching.  I decided that the customer service was the clincher.  I really wanted a way to offload the video, but in the end the PIP function trumped that feature.
View Quote
Did you ever find your shoes?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he loose his shoes?
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did he loose his shoes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he loose his shoes?
Lose

Soul

Edit: My meter may be off with you, Sparky.

Please proof me wrong
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lose

Soul

Please proof me wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he loose his shoes?
Lose

Soul

Please proof me wrong
I don't always proof readthe Iphone.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Still liking the Pulsar? It's about in the price range I'm looking for and there don't seem to be many other options.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By rippr334:
Still liking the Pulsar? It's about in the price range I'm looking for and there don't seem to be many other options.
View Quote

Dollar for dollar it’s pretty tough to beat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By rippr334:
Still liking the Pulsar? It's about in the price range I'm looking for and there don't seem to be many other options.

Tim, did you ever get to try out a Hogster or Halo?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still liking the Pulsar? It's about in the price range I'm looking for and there don't seem to be many other options.

Dollar for dollar it's pretty tough to beat.

If he wants to try a hogster I can bring mine out one day.

I'm really liking it so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top