Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2023 4:36:48 PM EDT
I know filters you get what you pay for. But masks  are another story. For me, anyway. There are just so many out there claiming all kinds of things. What are your experiences with masks that will not break the bank. I would rather get a reasonable priced CBRN mask and spend the money on filters. One with a hydration port.

I bought the black Isreal masks several years ago. They came with the green metal filters. They do work. We tried them out using CS gas. That and a cooler my neighbor forgot and left bait in for a week. It was so bad that he wanted to just throw cooler away. It was gag you bad. You could smell the rotten bait with the lid closed. The Isreal masks filtered out that smell. But no drinking attachment
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Just stick with the inexpensive Israeli masks and new filters. A mask is something nice to have but realistically you will never actually use it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Who do we like for purchasing said CRBN mask?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just stick with the inexpensive Israeli masks and new filters. A mask is something nice to have but realistically you will never actually use it.
View Quote

Cool thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used both SEA and Def-Tec masks.  

The bad thing about the SEA is the large filter on the front where your mouth is.  Makes it nearly impossible to shoot a rifle with it.

The def-tec was better since you could move the filter to either side of the mask or double up if you aren't using it with a gun.

SEA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353366201336

Def-Tec:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354591851191?hash=item528f5242b7:g:QYkAAOSwq~Bj4riD&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwNxWwlMsJV07N%2BAVdps0pT7KII7TXmuPm33plq6LC5UuBQt6XSnzsP%2BQf%2FaSuba0XtF0giBtubMuHrN1IKqpN2MhX0itLV8bziu7ictfMdEd7FYqcQoOUtzwou83HRHUYpW0MrmxWFOfMaVPq6FLGc4P1CW0fRzOzdJghRYLC1YCedazm%2F81sv9YVtOmCPKhSBJUb4TVU4pJf%2FFSR3CVzzabmLomvYAOotVUipWBwve0gZP9N27%2BFwHkizZVlKpYAg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4jClvncYQ

You'll need a thread adapter for using the 40mm filters on the def-tec though....  I think both can be used with drinking/voice adapters
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top