Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2020 2:49:32 PM EDT
I need to buy several Game cameras for home security of several acres.  Reviews online are all over the place.  I need invisible flash and good quality photos.  I do not want cellular cameras but it would be nice to have Bluetooth capability to download photos on an app.  Does anyone have real actual experience with one that they can recommend?  Model number, please.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not cellular ready?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Why not cellular ready?
View Quote

Because I don't want to pay for 4 cell connections for cameras that are all within 50 yards of my house.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Going on about 6 years of building up an assortment, I have about 12 $30-100 cameras.   And a few that no longer function at all.  Tasco, Wildgame and some no name from walmart.  I'd would suggest avoiding the wildgame.  I've had bad luck with most of not all of them at one point or another.  For no reason, I get no pics but the batteries run dead in 2 weeks.  Or the card errors.  Cheap trail cameras have been a true lesson in 2 is 1, 1 is none rule.  Sometimes it's even 3 or 4 is 1.  I know I miss a lot from just one camera.  Having 3 in the same area only tells me the others miss it.  Doesn't always provide a clear shot though.  Better than nothing though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Reolink Argus 2 is a wifi cam than might fit your needs.

Saves to a microSD card and uploads via WIFI if connected.

PIR motion sensor and rechargeable with solar options.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered this today to mess around with it. My first one. It has the Sony Starvis Sensor and no-glow infrared. Like you, I don't want to get all crazy with wifi, cellular, etc.

Meidase S3
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I use these (Amazon link).  Cheap enough where I don't worry about them walking off (used on public land), and take pretty good pictures.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top