Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2018 10:21:14 PM EDT
Four quick and ethical kill shots using the Pulsar Trail XP50, Barnes 110gr TAC-TX 300BLK 8” with a DeadAir Sandman Ti.

Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Number 3 wasn't as clean, unless it was in the head.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Number 3 wasn't as clean, unless it was in the head.
View Quote
They were all clean shots... That's the move they do when you hit him them in The Boilermaker
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They were all clean shots... That's the move they do when you hit him them in The Boilermaker
View Quote
Not hard to tell who hunts yotes a lot, and who doesn't.  The clip above is abridged, but I just put my stopwatch to the full video of that shot, and there were less than 11 seconds between shot fired and stone-cold-dead.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
And he only made it at Max 7 yards from poi.. them are the  best kind
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that last one looked practically instantaneous.  Actually the first 2 also.  After watching the last one it looked like he was just moving a hair.

Anyways...  Looks like it works very well.  What load were you using?

Honestly though, do you think it would be much different than with a 60 grain Vmax from a .223?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice shooting

I can't wait to close on my land down in Wharton and do some hog hunting on my own turf. Video's like these are what got me into the buying process in the first place, so thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
What range were the shoots? Looks maybe 75 yards?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow, that last one looked practically instantaneous.  Actually the first 2 also.  After watching the last one it looked like he was just moving a hair.

Anyways...  Looks like it works very well.  What load were you using?

Honestly though, do you think it would be much different than with a 60 grain Vmax from a .223?
View Quote
As stated in OP, Barnes 110gr TAC-TX.  Look, I'm not saying I'd wanna get shot with the vmax, but it's a garbage hunting bullet for anything bigger than a prairie dog.  It's literally designed to disintegrate on impact.  You cannot beat a solid copper projectile.  Just my opinion.

Quoted:
What range were the shoots? Looks maybe 75 yards?
View Quote
I know that Shots #1 and #2 were 22 yards and 110 yards, respectively.  The others I would have to guess.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Good shooting and great videos. I'm starting to enjoy my XP50 now the minor issues have been resolved.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good shooting and great videos. I'm starting to enjoy my XP50 now the minor issues have been resolved.
View Quote
After owning this for a while now, I've come to accept there is a certain margin of QC error even with a $5K thermal optic.  It's the nature of the beast—these are basically video cameras with reticles and a little germanium up front.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
And another one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top