Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2019 8:50:03 PM EDT
I have a Reimlig  (sp??) soft plate that I carry in my EDC backpack water bladder slot.  Was going to take it on vacation as my carry on, but was wondering if anyone had tried this?

Inside the US, nothing international.  I have read where it says you can check it, but can't wear it on the plane.

Don't want any TSA nightmares.  Probably will just check it to destination.

Thanks
Doc
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
TSA - Armor

People have worn armor and gotten on a plane. See NVGeologists post. But the overall experience will depend on the agents you deal with.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You can have whatever armor you want...no rules against it.  I've flown with my parachute rig before packed in my carry on...TSA is only after liquids 3oz or more.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Just keep in mind that there are states that restrict armor. I'm way out of date on the list, but I am sure a quick search can turn that up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
is it armor or merely a backpack stiffener? cuz i happen to have a backpack stiffener in my 5.11 pack that i have used for years with zero issues that looks like a IIIA plate and would stop a .44 mag...

keep in mind also that the average TSA agent has a room temp IQ. and im not talking room temp phoenix in july, im talking room temp in Minnesota in October.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just keep in mind that there are states that restrict armor. I'm way out of date on the list, but I am sure a quick search can turn that up.
View Quote
It's literally just your state. Connecticut is the one and only state in the union with state level purchase restrictions, which doesn't stop someone from bringing armor for personal use into the state.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought there were a couple that treated it similar to handguns, you needed a permit (usually just the CCW) to have armor, so an out of state person would need to jump through some hoops. Like you said, CT is weird about buying, but not owning. Never made any sense to me. But if their goal was to limit how many people have it I guess it works, a lot of folks who want it don't go to the effort.

eta: huh, just looked it up, per a few sources the laws I thought were in place are just being discussed or were discussed. Apparently they never went live. Good to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top