Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2018 9:39:18 PM EDT
I have started tying my own flys, and I running out of storage space

I tie saltwater, bass, blue gill, and trout flys.

I would like something that stays at home to put all my fly's in.

Then for each trip pull the type of flys for that trip.

I have several 7x5x1.5 inch fly boxs that I take with me, so I need need something larger for home storage.

Ideals?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a bunch of fly box foam refills at Cabelas - - and made boxes for them out of some scrap I had.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have started tying my own flys, and I running out of storage space

I tie saltwater, bass, blue gill, and trout flys.

I would like something that stays at home to put all my fly's in.

Then for each trip pull the type of flys for that trip.

I have several 7x5x1.5 inch fly boxs that I take with me, so I need need something larger for home storage.

Ideals?

Thanks
View Quote
I tie a shit load of flies every year (prob 500 various flies a year), everything from Musky flies to large streamers to top water for bass and trout, steelhead swing flies etc. I use plan old elcheapo Plano boxes for my stock and refill my various boxes that I take to the water with me.

I often use large freezer size zip locks for real big stuff. As long as you are careful putting stuff in I never have an issue with messing them up. Some of the stuff I tie (feather Game changers, T-bones for musky and other musky stuff take like an hour a fly so i'm pretty careful how I store em). Cheap, simple and works.

I have a bunch of Cliff Beast Boxes that I use for my water and boat boxes. I fill those for the day and head out. Same thing for salt water stuff.

Hope this helps
J-
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a boatload of plastic Plano (or other brand) stackable boxes.  They are cheap at wallyworld- 3-4 bucks each and they come with plastic dividers so you can make the size of the compartments what you need to fit longer flies.

I cut small pieces of paper with the name of the fly, size of hook, etc.

I label the outside of the box with the category of fly- Caddis, Stonefly, Streamers, etc.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top