Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2021 7:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber]
This year that is.   Drove an hour north to a place I've never fished.  It's half the drive I routinely make to my normal waters.  I fished my nymphs and I was deadly (#14 hares ear wet and a #16 prince nymph on a dropper).  Same rig all day and I got fatigued from trying to hook them strikes.  For the most part small but firm native fish N of Bolton Landing in pocket water. Handful of good ones in the deep slots.  Damn.  Wading is a sonofabitch, but man was I rewarded.  Don't go there without a wading staff.  Shit ton of rainbows and a couple pretty nice brook trout.  Landed 34 plus a bunch of flippers loose on the long line when I started to get tired.

snagged all of 4 rocks firmly today and one them got cut loose when a small guy hit the dropper.  

I think the other 2 guys on the water cried.  I was the Trout Tactician today.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber] [#1]
Don't speculate on the name of the River.  5 min on maps and anyone should be able to figure it out.  Water temp today, by feel, makes me think it's an early summer for catch and release guys.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you had a great day!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top