Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2018 3:32:57 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there is a good resource online on where to find maps of active prairie dog towns on public land?
I do not really want to spend hundreds on an outfitter, and I can't really go out and "talk to the locals" to find them as it is a 4+ hr drive to an area where they could possibly be.  Also there is no information on my states game and parks website on where to find them.

At this point I'm stuck on where to go publicly to shoot pdogs and need some help. Any advice or information on a better resource would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I do not really want to spend hundreds on an outfitter, and I can't really go out and "talk to the locals" to find them as it is a 4+ hr drive to an area where they could possibly be.
View Quote
Then you don't "really" want to shoot pdogs...

Dude... no one's going to just hand you the info you're after...

Good luck though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
im not asking for a guided hunt for free.

some of us can't drive 4+ hours after a 10 hr shift at work to scout for towns just to drive back 4+ hours so we can go do another 10 hr shift at work the next day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Check with National Forest Service,BLM,conservation officers,deputies,feed mills,..........any of those folks will know who has p-dog problem.
P.S.
Search for varmint hunting boards and ask around....GGVG.    http://www.varminthunters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14573#/topics/14573
is one that I've used and met some really great guys...
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with National Forest Service,BLM,conservation officers,deputies,feed mills,..........any of those folks will know who has p-dog problem.
P.S.
Search for varmint hunting boards and ask around....GGVG.    http://www.varminthunters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14573#/topics/14573
is one that I've used and met some really great guys...
View Quote
excellent, thank you. This is what I needed.
I did not know what else there are for resources to try to find out where there might be a pdog problem
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
also, satellite imagery shows them rather nicely, so find the area of public land you want to use, (pawnee natl grassland?) and then scroll around while you supposed to be working, voila! youre your own guiede!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
OnX hunt has a prairie Dog town map layer for $9.99
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
This takes some ground work, but simply talking to folks at the local feed store has gotten me onto some good dog towns both public and private for little more than the promise I won't shoot their cattle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top