Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2022 1:40:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar]
Ordered back in October. Just picked it up last month and spent time breaking the motor in.

2022 Pioneer Islander 180

I downsized from a 25 foot cruiser. That was great boat for a growing family but now all my kids are grown and I found myself  doing as much freshwater as salt. The old boat was too big to fit under some bridges where I know Snook and Tarpon hang out and I also do Bass fishing. The 25 foot cruiser was great for salt water but it was often a pain in the ass to solo. I knew going smaller meant no head and less storage but I was ok with that fact.  I wanted a boat that could do all I wanted it to.

There were other makes and models I was in the market for but stumbled across this brand at the boat show and am glad I did. The  fit and finish is very good. Hulls are at least 90% foam filled for safety. And with a bit of research, the vast majority are happy owners and very little in the way of complaints.

I can take her in skinny water, bass fish, crappie fish, I can take her scalloping, snorkeling, lounging around of sightseeing. I can now chase the fish I couldn't before and I can still fish offshore for mahi, kings, snapper group etc.  

Selling the old boat was awesome because the money went to a new one.

Got trim tabs as they help immensely in sloppy water. Bow has great flare and keeps folks dry and slices through the waves nice. I went with a bimini as a T top limits some places I can go.

Got the 115hp as it would have been another 4 months wait for the 140 wish is the max rated engine for this hull. I was leery about that decision but so far its holeshot is great no matter the load and had not had to use the tabs once to get on plane. The 115 is plenty enough. Talking to owners with the 140 they said all they got on the upgrade was 3-4 more mph at top end. I have yet to wish I had more power. Its a slick running hull.

I get 42 mph with 3 people at 5800 rpm with the 20 pitch prop. Cruises great at 28-30
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man, looks like a fantastic boat. You are living my dream.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!

Have fun;enjoy life.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m glad you’re happy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Good times ahead!   Can't wait till my boat goes in...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Be safe. Shit can go south very fast out on the water.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats! I'm super happy with my new Zuke OB. Very fuel efficient.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Nice looking boat, OP. Congrats.

Can you put a trolling motor on it? Looks like a lot of freeboard.
View Quote

Will be adding one. The pics angle makes it look higher
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s a sharp ride. Confirmations
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
See you on the water.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:21:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#12]
Originally Posted By akethan:
42 with a 115?  What's the hull weigh?
View Quote

1350 lbs.  I Did have a wind on my ass but was running against a slight current. It also depended on where the third person was. If he was with me at the console she seemed to settle at 38.5. If he sat on the back bench like he did when he went to checking my motor height while on plane then we got 40 easily and up to 42 once trimmed to accommodate his position.. Happy but I almost  never run WOT.  I just like to know what she is capable of depending on load and placement of pax.

With a full load of I am getting another prop for tubing and or a full load. Dropping 2 inches of pitch and getting a 4 blade for those times as the 14x20 SS prop is just working too hard in those conditions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#13]
congrats, pioneers are nice. i was really wanting a 22 pioneer sportfish but the dealer was saying we can get you a boat in a month just can't say when it will have a motor and they didn't really try to look for anything comparable.  found a cobia dealer in another county that had just got in 3 22s and bought one. they said it had been 18 months since they had gotten new boats with motors from cobia.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cossa:
congrats, pioneers are nice. i was really wanting a 22 pioneer sportfish but the dealer was saying we can get you a boat in a month just can't say when it will have a motor and they didn't really try to look for anything comparable.  found a cobia dealer in another county that had just got in 3 22s and bought one. they said it had been 18 months since they had gotten new boats with motors from cobia.
View Quote

Cobia are great boats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top