Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2019 11:01:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lime or baking soda.

Lime powder or granules before a soft rain.

Baking soda, mix a spoon full with a gallon of water. Water the soil.

This will help balance the pH at 6-7.

Wood ash will help both the PH and potassium. (Aka potash)

Ground up bone meal for the phosphorus. Should come in granules.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the bonemeal and wood ash, from what I have read, it needs to be tilled into the soil.  That's not an option without removing the plants

Is that correct?
Will it address the issue quickly, or is it a long term solution?
View Quote
They're both slow release and yes, typically need tilled into the soil.

Since your plants are newly planted and not established yet, I'd try getting some and if you can, put it between them and just by hand mixing into the soil.

I don't think there's going to be much that you can do instantly to help the issues. But with proper water and repeat treatments, with how early it is in the season... You could probably see some beneficial results. Not great, but some.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Triple super phosphate and 100% potassium carbonate which will help with PH too.  Checkout domyown.com, though I’m not sure if they ship to AK.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Pelletized lime. Get the pH right and then retest for N, P, &K. Improper pH will bind other nutrients in the soil.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Put some earthworms/nightcrawlers in the soil. They'll help keep it broken up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 2:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My local wholesale compost/topsoil places are the same. They sell shitty sandy loam as ‘topsoil’. Its basically sand with a bit of organic compost to retain moisture and make it look like dirt.

Then they usually have a ‘garden’ or ‘flower bed mix’ which is prolly 30% compost and the rest shitty sandy loam again.

I built a flower bed and when i went and got my 3 yards of topsoil i asked for half ‘garden mix’ and half compost. The compost is basically all the grass clippings and leaves from local municipalities. They dump the brown bags onto a pile and these places compost it all up and a year later they have black gold.
OP, in your case you have a couple options for the phosphorus and potasium issues. The acidity has been covered.

The fasted way to help QUICK is miracle grow. My garden and 250 square foot raspberry patch LOVES it. Especially my tomatoes. Miracle gro is 24-8-16. Its water soluble and your plants will pull it in quick. Also my local family owned garden supply chain has pallets of pure phosphorus for sale in either 5 or 40 lb bags. Its very expensive but in NY its illegal to use fertilizer with phosphorus in it. Its the middle number. You can still get fertilizer with phosphorus but its only legal for starting lawns and any fert with P is very pricey.  
You have options. Get to it.
Also if your plants are annuals, i suggest tilling in pure compost with good fertilizer before next years plantings.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top