Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2019 4:52:56 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me what type of Load Carry Rig Althea is using in the series? I have been on the net all afternoon and can't determine what is used. Looks to be a low profile set up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the one?

Looks exactly like the Filson Foul Weather Fly Fishing Vest

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that's it. HTF did you find it?  Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Ha! I grew up in WA and did a lot of fly fishing...as poor college kid, I would lust over Filson's fly fishing and outdoors stuff.  I was thinking either Orvis or Filson.  The one used in the Walking Dead looks about 30 years old, like the picked it up in a Good Will store or garage sale.  Filson's stuff ages really well...I can understand the attraction; expensive, but solid-built stuff.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ha! I grew up in WA and did a lot of fly fishing...as poor college kid, I would lust over Filson's fly fishing and outdoors stuff.  I was thinking either Orvis or Filson.  The one used in the Walking Dead looks about 30 years old, like the picked it up in a Good Will store or garage sale.  Filson's stuff ages really well...I can understand the attraction; expensive, but solid-built stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, thanks for identifying that rig.

Appears to be a practical piece of kit that would serve well for toting more than just fly-fishing gear. Looks like it would balance weight well too,  maybe better than your typical Chi-Com-made 'hunting' vest.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn Rock...........impressive
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ROCK6

......  Filson's stuff ages really well...I can understand the attraction; expensive, but solid-built stuff.

ROCK6
View Quote
Yup.

I love my Filson briefcase in a world of tactical nylon bags.

If I ever get to the point of 'walking the earth' or carrying a murse (doubtful) it's gonna be a small Filson field bag.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I'll be damned, they still make it too, sadly without the pack on the back or maybe that's a good thing.

https://www.filson.com/mesh-fly-fishing-strap-vest-10670.html#sku=11010670-fco-000000091
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I'll be damned, they still make it too, sadly without the pack on the back or maybe that's a good thing.

https://www.filson.com/mesh-fly-fishing-strap-vest-10670.html#sku=11010670-fco-000000091
View Quote
You're looking at the wrong one.  Here it is with the pack.

https://www.filson.com/foul-weather-fly-fishing-vest.html#sku=11016002-fco-000000091
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're looking at the wrong one.  Here it is with the pack.

https://www.filson.com/foul-weather-fly-fishing-vest.html#sku=11016002-fco-000000091
View Quote
Yeah, Filson has a mesh backed version and the original "Foul Weather Fly Fishing Vest", that is pictured above and has the integrated pack:

There's one on Ebay for a good deal, looks like the Foul Weather version:  Filson Fly Fishing Vest

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a great looking vest/backpack.

Don't look "tactical" so it won't draw attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top