Site Notices
Tacked FUEL CAN ORACLE (Page 33 of 38)
Page / 38
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:34:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: savage_winchester] [#1]
@beowulf
I think that is the spout I have.
And I think I misspoke,
I believe I have polish Gelg (not wavian as I stated in my last post) and tut cans and the spout doesnt seem to clamp down tight on my tut cans. I will definitely update, thank you.

I got all my cans and accessories from Ohio prep supply when this thread was booming.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By savage_winchester:
@beowulf
I think that is the spout I have.
And I think I misspoke,
I believe I have polish Gelg (not wavian as I stated in my last post) and tut cans and the spout doesnt seem to clamp down tight on my tut cans. I will definitely update, thank you.

I got all my cans and accessories from Ohio prep supply when this thread was booming.
View Quote

That’s a shame.  Those Gelg cans evolved over time, going from their proprietary spout to some of the later ones taking the Wavian.  I had heard the TUT’s were compatible with the earlier Gelg.  I know it doesn’t help you but at least now we can put that bit of misinformation to rest.  Maybe touch base with Ohio Prep when they’re web site’s back up.  Probably not what you want to hear but Super Siphon’s work pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got another 4 from sportsman's guide. AB is shut down from FuckAndrewCuomo. Otherwise I would have ordered more from them. 26each and free shipping for members
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:41:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: savage_winchester] [#4]
Thank you beowulf.

I’m eyeballing my tut cans now to see if I can modify them to make the spouts work. The spout just doesn’t clamp tight enough or seal.

If anyone has an extra spout known to work with a tut can (or source for one) please contact me.

And at the least, they are still great storage cans and yes I can siphon if needed.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I received the 4 NATO 20L cans from sportsmans guide. I definitely prefer my cans from AB/Roverparts. The vent inside the spout is terrible. It's just welded and goes straight down. This makes it in the way when you are filling with a gas station fuel nozzle. The nozzle won't go in more that an inch so you have to very carefully filling and watch as it fills. The spout cap seals were not fully seated and I had to make sure they were each seated properly. I won't be buying these again.

I got these so that if I needed to my mom's place 900 miles away that I would not have to fill up at a gas station if for whatever reason they gets closed down. They will do the job, but are not nearly as good as the AB cans
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
For those of you looking - just got 4x new red Valpro's on Ebay, seller still has some.  Been watching a seller for them to come back - were ~$45 each when you buy 4 at a time.  Same price for Green ones, but I figure the red will save me plenty of hassle.  Added the flexible spout from Atlantic British on Ebay for $22 and for $217 total get the good spout and 4x red Valpros...
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a link For the red ones? I need some longer term gas storage. I like the green for diesel
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wasrman] [#8]
Originally Posted By TailHunter:
Do you have a link For the red ones? I need some longer term gas storage. I like the green for diesel
View Quote

Here you go, hope I'm not breaking any rules posting links but slightly cheaper ($3.50/can) than the AB green Valpro cans, plus not easy to find these suckers in Red without paying for a Wavian.  Looks like there are 149 in stock as of 4/10:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valpro-NATO-Jerry-Can-5-gal-20L-Red-Made-in-Europe/233550925631?hash=item3660b84f3f:g:7CoAAOSwJ4pd6BAa

A bit more than $45/ea when you buy 4. Atlantic British also has the good flexibile spout here for $23:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VALPRO-Long-Nose-Flexible-Jerry-Can-Spout-Fits-Wavian-Euro-Military-Spec-Cans/401443971548?hash=item5d77ece1dc:g:AnYAAOSwS0pekIo8:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!80112!US!-1

My cans technically shipped from British Columbia, but arrive today (5 days or so from purchase).  My guess is they usually drive across the border but Covid threw a kink in that.  Now I'm just waiting for AB to have a 10L can back in stock for lawn mover etc. and I'll have my set of 4 20L plus a 10L.  Plenty for my needs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wasrman:

Now I'm just waiting for AB to have a 10L can back in stock for lawn mover etc. and I'll have my set of 4 20L plus a 10L.  Plenty for my needs.
View Quote

Not BA but I think this is a pretty good price.  

https://expedition-imports.com/10LJCRED
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:40:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wasrman] [#10]
Thanks!  Better than AB as I'd rather have red and these are $5 cheaper after shipping than the green Valpros they have on Ebay + they have a spout included. Even better if you are looking for yellow diesel cans...

I haven't seen these for less than $75.  Picked up a few as even through they are CARB spouts it was a pretty good deal and I only have one spout.  Shipping was reasonable- $17 for 4 of them.  Probably didn't need that many but am now set on Cans (4x 20L and 4x 10L).

Looks like have the yellow 10L's are also $40.  Was thinking of picking up 1 of those and using for pre-mix since I don't have diesel, but I really only go through 1 gallon a season on the trimmer/blower so a 1L old school blitz will do.

For anyone looking... While cheaper options exist if you are looking for Red Wavians 2 of these are the same price as as a 20L new (plus you get a spout with each).  Granted I wouldn't like to spend $80 on a can- this is my buy once cry once on fuel stocking. Between my 4x 20L Red Valpros ($187) and 4x Wavian 10L ($178), I've now got 120L of storage.  31.7 gallons will run a generator long enough before I need to start tapping the car's tanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!  Better than AB as I'd rather have red and these are $5 cheaper after shipping than the green Valpros they have on Ebay + they have a spout included. Even better if you are looking for yellow diesel cans...

I haven't seen these for less than $75.  Picked up a few as even through they are CARB spouts it was a pretty good deal and I only have one spout.  Shipping was reasonable- $17 for 4 of them.  Probably didn't need that many but am now set on Cans (4x 20L and 4x 10L).

Looks like have the yellow 10L's are also $40.  Was thinking of picking up 1 of those and using for pre-mix since I don't have diesel, but I really only go through 1 gallon a season on the trimmer/blower so a 1L old school blitz will do.

For anyone looking... While cheaper options exist if you are looking for Red Wavians 2 of these are the same price as as a 20L new (plus you get a spout with each).  Granted I wouldn't like to spend $80 on a can- this is my buy once cry once on fuel stocking. Between my 4x 20L Red Valpros ($187) and 4x Wavian 10L ($178), I've now got 120L of storage.  31.7 gallons will run a generator long enough before I need to start tapping the car's tanks.
View Quote

You're welcome.  From the way you wrote it I thought you were waiting on AB for a reason, like you had a coupon or something.  Yes, this price is way better than AB and getting a red one is a nice bonus.  I’ve painted a few NATO cans.  I don’t really have a good place to do it and that makes it kind of a pain in the butt.  Another red 10L and a new Swiss spout should be here Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone heard anything about Ohio Prep Supply? I've got 10L and 5L GELG cans from them at great prices, but now the website is down.  

https://www.ohioprepsupply.com/
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NC_Andy:
Anyone heard anything about Ohio Prep Supply? I've got 10L and 5L GELG cans from them at great prices, but now the website is down.  

https://www.ohioprepsupply.com/
View Quote

I can't help you with Ohio Prep but if you're just looking for more GELG cans Duetsche Optik sells them.

https://deutscheoptik.com/5-liter-jerry-can.html

https://deutscheoptik.com/10-Liter-Jerry-Can.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Beowulf:

I can't help you with Ohio Prep but if you're just looking for more GELG cans Duetsche Optik sells them.

https://deutscheoptik.com/5-liter-jerry-can.html

https://deutscheoptik.com/10-Liter-Jerry-Can.html
View Quote
Thank you! I find that 2 10L cans are much easier to walk to the gas station than 1 20L.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

And just like that the deal is done.  It looks like they're all gone, including the yellow ones.  Not surprised, that may have been the best deal on Wavian cans I've ever seen.

Originally Posted By NC_Andy:
Thank you! I find that 2 10L cans are much easier to walk to the gas station than 1 20L.
View Quote

You’re welcome.  The older I get the more I appreciate the smaller cans.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my 4 Wavian's today.  Pretty sweet cans.  All came with the Carb nozzles (I have a high flow donkey **** style one to use).  Only gripe is that only 3 had the small tank converter attachment, but honestly for the price not even complaining (plus I'll likely never use based on others experience with the nozzles).  That said as expected no discernable difference from my 20L Valpro's that I paid $2 more a piece for without nozzles.,

I'm good on cans (although I was looking at a Unimog that had 20x 20L's strapped on it :)).  Thanks for all the knowledge - now just debating on whether the decent deal I found on a like new EU3000i is worth spending some of my spare cash on...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm good on cans (although I was looking at a Unimog that had 20x 20L's strapped on it :)).  Thanks for all the knowledge - now just debating on whether the decent deal I found on a like new EU3000i is worth spending some of my spare cash on...
View Quote

If you’re going to get a generator you may want to pick up the adaptor that lets you use you’re Wavian cans as an auxiliary fuel tank.  

http://lexingtoncontainercompanysonlinestore.mybigcommerce.com/jerry-can-adapter-1-tube/

They happen to be in stock but that’s not always the case so even if you don’t need it right now it may not be a bad idea to buy one and put it back, just in case.

Here’s a couple of pictures of mine.

Here's the adaptor mounted to a can

All set up and ready to attach to the generator

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Can anyone comment on valpro vs wavian in regards to quality and durability? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By remote_medic:
Can anyone comment on valpro vs wavian in regards to quality and durability? Thanks
View Quote

They are identical.  The consensus is that Valpro makes Wavian cans.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Beowulf:

They are identical.  The consensus is that Valpro makes Wavian cans.  

View Quote

I just purchased 4 red Valpro cans off ebay from disco-tech-industries-inc. The add says "Same can as Wavian, but without the brand stamp" so we will see. Also noticed they don't come with spouts so I purchased an extra one of those too. The spouts that came with my 2 wavian cans were essentially garbage anyways.

Hurricane season is coming and after having 2 old style plastic cans "let go" and fail at the seems on the handle I am only going to store gas in proper metal cans. I think the heat here in Florida and the swelling of the plastic cans from the heat/cool cycle in the shed caused the seem to fail. Didn't make much of a mess as I caught it pretty quick.

I have had 2 wavian cans for about 18 months and they are great (other then the mentioned EPA approved spouts being horrible). Now I will have 30 gallons of gas stored in metal cans will keep my 2 Honda 2000eu generators humming for quite a while. I will keep the plastic cans empty and will top them off if a storm is approaching

Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ColtRifle] [#21]
THISis the best spout I have found for the NATO cans.  Doesn't spill a drop and empties a can quickly.  

If you are looking for small 5 liter cans to carry on an ATV or possibly motorcycle, I can recommend THIS gas can.  They are VERY heavy duty and can stand up to serious abuse.  You can get them in red or black.  You can also get them in OD green through Aliexpress if you don't mind waiting.  The spout design isn't the greatest but it does work.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's a stupid question that I haven't been able to find an answer for: when filing up my metal jerrycans up at the pump, do I need to do anything differently compared to a plastic gas can, or just discharge the static, put the can on the ground, and fill as I normally would?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bourbonator:
Here's a stupid question that I haven't been able to find an answer for: when filing up my metal jerrycans up at the pump, do I need to do anything differently compared to a plastic gas can, or just discharge the static, put the can on the ground, and fill as I normally would?
View Quote

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/98-111/default.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bourbonator:

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/98-111/default.html

Thank you for posting that link. In summary, there were no stated differences in precautions or procedure, only that metal cans in a trunk or bed are at higher risk of static discharge than plastic cans.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#25]
How often do cans blow up being filled in the bed of the truck?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BUCK1911:
View Quote

It’s not the odds, it’s the stakes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I worked at a Costco when I was in college. The only fires we ever had at the gas station were brief, but very much real and they were caused by people who happened to be filling their cans in truck beds. I don't believe any damage or injuries occurred. You won't find me filling a can in the bed of a truck though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

I worked at a Costco when I was in college. The only fires we ever had at the gas station were brief, but very much real and they were caused by people who happened to be filling their cans in truck beds. I don't believe any damage or injuries occurred. You won't find me filling a can in the bed of a truck though.
View Quote

For 30+ years I have filled them in the bed.... Not saying that that is correct just what I have done. I also use my cell phone while filling them in the bed....
I may need to change my ways.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#29]

For 30+ years I have filled them in the bed.... Not saying that that is correct just what I have done. I also use my cell phone while filling them in the bed....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

In however many years I worked there I can think of only 2, maybe 3 "fires". The one witnessed by a very close coworker was a sight from what he said, but it was over in a flash and no real damage done.

In real terms, there were probably thousands of years worth of fill ups out there if it would have just been one person. I always set them on the ground anyway.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Smiley] [#30]
Originally Posted By remote_medic:
Can anyone comment on valpro vs wavian in regards to quality and durability? Thanks
View Quote

They are the same, infact the badging doesn't seem to matter much as I've bought Valpro cans marked Wavian and Wavian marked Valpro

Wavian seems to be Valpros CARB compliant line in the US. Valpro doesn't really "allow" (or they didn't at one point) their standard cans to be sold here, which is why they seem to all come from a distributer out of the UK.

Valpro also makes cans sold at tractor stores here with the standard screw in EPA nozzle attachment but u can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

ETA: Oh shit that was an older post. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

You should be just fine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

You should be just fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

You should be just fine.

Does anyone still have a plastic bed liner anymore? It's all rhino/linex.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I usually fill them in the bed. I’m not recommending it but I do it all the time. I don’t have a plastic bed liner though. I have a spray in bed liner in the truck. I’ve never felt any shocks when I grabbed the can to open the lid(s) which is before I ever even grab the nozzle. I also grab the can with one hand and hold the nozzle in my other hand before putting the nozzle in the can.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Jerry cans are one of my many addictions and I currently have 5 new ones to fill and shelve.
I have never worried about it before NFG.
But our kids moved back to town and my 3 yo grandson has become my shadow and I have never done so much safety second guessing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#35]
question. I scored 2 full size jerry cans and a small one with a trailer I bought this week. There is a touch of surface rust that I have cleaned off, but all had some fuel and held pressure fine. How do I determine if the inside of the can is healthy enough to use and not just like last ditch supply?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
question. I scored 2 full size jerry cans and a small one with a trailer I bought this week. There is a touch of surface rust that I have cleaned off, but all had some fuel and held pressure fine. How do I determine if the inside of the can is healthy enough to use and not just like last ditch supply?
View Quote

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge then me will pipe in but I would put a few cups of gasoline in the can and shake them up good. Pour the gas out into a clear container and look for any sign of rust or contaminates.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By remote_medic:

I just purchased 4 red Valpro cans off ebay from disco-tech-industries-inc. The add says "Same can as Wavian, but without the brand stamp" so we will see. Also noticed they don't come with spouts so I purchased an extra one of those too. The spouts that came with my 2 wavian cans were essentially garbage anyways.

Hurricane season is coming and after having 2 old style plastic cans "let go" and fail at the seems on the handle I am only going to store gas in proper metal cans. I think the heat here in Florida and the swelling of the plastic cans from the heat/cool cycle in the shed caused the seem to fail. Didn't make much of a mess as I caught it pretty quick.

I have had 2 wavian cans for about 18 months and they are great (other then the mentioned EPA approved spouts being horrible). Now I will have 30 gallons of gas stored in metal cans will keep my 2 Honda 2000eu generators humming for quite a while. I will keep the plastic cans empty and will top them off if a storm is approaching

Thanks for the advice
View Quote

I can confirm the 4 Valpro cans appear to be exactly the same as the 2 wavian cans I already had. Only thing different was the label on the side of the can. Everything else was exactly the same.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Remote_medic’s advice will probably tell you what you need to know if the cans are compromised.  I’d also run the gas through a clean white coffee filter while pouring it into the jar.  I find it’s easier to see the small stuff against the white filter than swirling around in a jar (but that may just be my old eyes).  

As well, with the cans completely empty, I’d get out a flashlight and visually inspect the interior.  If the cans aren’t lined I’d be looking for any internal rust.  If I found any I’d be inclined to retire the can.  If the cans are lined (it’s normally orange) you really want to see this completely coating the inside of the can.  Once the interior lining starts to go I’d consider retiring the can or making sure I filtered any fuel from it prior to use.  

It sounds like you’ve already done it but checking the lid and making sure it seals correctly should be done when you first get the can and rechecked regularly.

Any rust or exposed metal on the outside of the can should be addressed as soon as possible.

Do you know who the maker was?

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Remote_medic’s advice will probably tell you what you need to know if the cans are compromised.  I’d also run the gas through a clean white coffee filter while pouring it into the jar.  I find it’s easier to see the small stuff against the white filter than swirling around in a jar (but that may just be my old eyes).  

View Quote

@Beowulf Good idea on the filter. I'm trying to get them to try out completely so I can use brand new gas for the testing. I have them open and baking in the sun right now, not wanting to pour them in my vehicles or anywhere in the lawn to empty. Seems to be working.

I checked and the little one is Sandrik 5L  1990 pns 75123  which looks to be old german surplus?

The others are BSC CPW  1985, making them about as old as me. And I still hold gas just fine ;)  there is a tag near the spout that says 47/OD over F-54. They had already been painted and abused so I'm sure I didn't ruin any value letting my 4 year old paint them yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#40]

As well, with the cans completely empty, I’d get out a flashlight and visually inspect the interior.  If the cans aren’t lined I’d be looking for any internal rust.  If I found any I’d be inclined to retire the can.  If the cans are lined (it’s normally orange) you really want to see this completely coating the inside of the can.  Once the interior lining starts to go I’d consider retiring the can or making sure I filtered any fuel from it prior to use.  

It sounds like you’ve already done it but checking the lid and making sure it seals correctly should be done when you first get the can and rechecked regularly.

Any rust or exposed metal on the outside of the can should be addressed as soon as possible.

View Quote

Definitely great advice, especially on the use of the coffee filter!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#41]

@Beowulf Good idea on the filter. I'm trying to get them to try out completely so I can use brand new gas for the testing. I have them open and baking in the sun right now, not wanting to pour them in my vehicles or anywhere in the lawn to empty. Seems to be working.

I checked and the little one is Sandrik 5L  1990 pns 75123  which looks to be old german surplus?

The others are BSC CPW  1985, making them about as old as me. And I still hold gas just fine ;)  there is a tag near the spout that says 47/OD over F-54. They had already been painted and abused so I'm sure I didn't ruin any value letting my 4 year old paint them yesterday.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure the little one is Czech military surplus.  Used by their military as an oil can but seem to work fine with gasoline.  Could the markings be PHS 7513?  I think that’s the factory marking.

The larger cans are British and will most likely take newer Wavian spouts, if that matters to you.  The F54 is a NATO designation for diesel fuel but I’ve got no idea what the 47/OD means.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#42]
This French 20 L. military can is wide mouth. It says a standard spout does not fit.

Anyone know what spout it uses?
TIA
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:
This French 20 L. military can is wide mouth. It says a standard spout does not fit.

Anyone know what spout it uses?
TIA
View Quote

I think it is this one.

https://colemans.com/nato-flexible-large-mouth-nozzle

Coleman's has what looks like good 20 liter cans cheap.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I have a handful of the Sandrik 5L cans. I use them for 2cycle mixed gas. Work great for that purpose. I got them years ago from old grouch surplus when the original owner was alive and posting on this site. Sadly he passed away and the company isn’t nearly as good as it once was.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I use a hitch all to fill up my cans. Low to the ground. Back up to the pump and fill each one. This week I had 7 normal Jerry cans, two small ones,
and one VP jug. Only time handling cans is at the house.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Heads up....Atlantic British has Valpro/Wavian 20L cans in stock. I got two for a little over $100 shipped. Nice cans. Funny part about them....they say Petrol Highly Flammable engraved in the bottom but then they also come with a red sticker on the top the says Non Potable Water. Funny way to beat CARB importation rules. I peeled the sticker off and filled them up yesterday. I’ll probably pick another two cans up giving me a total of 5 NATO cans full of gas. I have a 4 pack of NATO cans I got from Deusche Optik maybe 10 or so years ago. They are green but have the caps and area around the caps painted yellow so it seems best to use those for diesel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
Heads up....Atlantic British has Valpro/Wavian 20L cans in stock. I got two for a little over $100 shipped. Nice cans. Funny part about them....they say Petrol Highly Flammable engraved in the bottom but then they also come with a red sticker on the top the says Non Potable Water. Funny way to beat CARB importation rules. I peeled the sticker off and filled them up yesterday. I’ll probably pick another two cans up giving me a total of 5 NATO cans full of gas. I have a 4 pack of NATO cans I got from Deusche Optik maybe 10 or so years ago. They are green but have the caps and area around the caps painted yellow so it seems best to use those for diesel.
View Quote

If I was buying cans today specifically for gasoline storage I'd get these and save myself the trouble of painting them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valpro-NATO-Jerry-Can-5-gal-20L-Red-Made-in-Europe/233550925631?hash=item3660b84f3f
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone have a source for caps to directly connect the European cans to a generator?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Does anyone have a source for caps to directly connect the European cans to a generator?
View Quote

Do you mean this gizmo?

Jerry Can Adapter

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By kozaki:
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

Do you mean this gizmo?

Jerry Can Adapter

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-482aj9jn/images/stencil/608x608/products/102/400/JERRY_CAN_ADAPTER_SINGLE__69864.1399939101.jpg?c=2

Thanks
Page / 38
Tacked FUEL CAN ORACLE (Page 33 of 38)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top