Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2020 11:28:52 AM EDT
I have been using FT8 with great success since Aug.

I know all about making sure my PC clock is exact and I run Meinberg to automatically do it for me.

The herd needs to have all of our clocks exact for this mode to work.

I don't care about the herd.  I chase DX and many times the good DX is an expedition
in some remote spot with no internet.   Their clock will be off let's say 2.8 seconds.   It's not impossible to work them but can be a problem.  The DT column in the Band Activity
window of WSJT-X tells me how far off they are from me.

When I want to work a particular station that is off by more than 1.0 sec I would like to be able to alter my PC the same amount.
Does any know of a way to change my PC clock by let's say 2.8 seconds?

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a program called BktTimeSync that runs in the background to automatically keep the time synced, it can pull updates from the web or from GPS if you have the option.  It also has a manual set option that lets you enter a DT value manually if you need to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Which OS are you running? This seems nearly impossible in windows 10 but if I recall correctly earlier versions of windows let you have more control over the clock to the second.  Maybe try a linux distro as the ones I've messed with allow you to synchronize the clock to the second so you could align with the DX.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Windows 10.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a program called BktTimeSync that runs in the background to automatically keep the time synced, it can pull updates from the web or from GPS if you have the option.  It also has a manual set option that lets you enter a DT value manually if you need to.
View Quote
I will look into this.  THanks

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Dimension4.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

8nBAIT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8nBAIT
I used the same program and did just that.  Don't forget to change back.

I suggested to the developer that there be an option when you click on someone's CQ that the program offset its time to match the time of the station you were calling. They shot that down pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Get you a gps usb interface.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use BktTimeSync with one of the little $10 USB GPS dongles.  The only problem that I had was that the acquisition time of the GPS lock was longer than the bootup time of the computer, so I'd have to wait before starting the time program.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This for portable ops. Then again ft8 isnt exactly communicatuons grade...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top