Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2022 12:22:10 PM EDT
Any recommendations on how I can store it? Getting tired of eating it every night
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Grind it up in a food processor. Strain the liquid out of it through cheese cloth. Bag it up , flatten in freezer bags and put it in the freezer. You get extra points if you check a favorite zucchini recipe and portion it out accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Make zucchini bread and freeze it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You can slice it and freeze it on wax paper. Then dump in a freezer bag. This will keep it for a couple months.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Grind it up in a food processor. Strain the liquid out of it through cheese cloth. Bag it up , flatten in freezer bags and put it in the freezer. You get extra points if you check a favorite zucchini recipe and portion it out accordingly.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.  Wife does both of these.  Each frozen bag of shredded zukes makes two loaves of zuke bread.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Shred it and freeze dry.  Then you can rehydrate a "handful" and throw it into spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, stew, stuffing mix, etc.  Do the same with carrots.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Make zucchini noodles and freeze them
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Have the wife make orange zucchini bread with canned mandarin oranges, you'll thank me later, mmmmmmm!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I see what you are trying to do but past a point excess stuff from the garden are just all targets
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Compost!

I'd freeze a little for bread, but not waste space with the rest.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My favorite.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
For best results, Zucchini should blanched prior to freezing or it's going to turn to mush in the freezer.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Blanch then freeze dry, it gets this wonderful sweetness to it because the sugars get concentrated. I eat it like chips...
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Could pass it out to neighbors and build some good will.  Who knows when they might return the favor?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Someone planted too many plants.....

BTDT

Give away what you can.  When people start running away from you when they see you coming with bags of zucchini, compost the rest.

We could probably feed a third world country by teaching them to plant zucchini..............
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#16]
We have dehydrated most of ours this year. Not sure what the consistency will be when rehydrated. But, I’m sure for soups, stews and bread it will work great
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Cut into 1/8" slices.  Sprinkle lightly with salt or spice mix of choice.  Dehydrate until crispy.  Eat as a chip or cracker.  Store in airtight container with desiccant pack.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I maintain a large pickle jar that all pickle juices go into when I empty the original jar. All veggies that I realize won't be cooked and eaten before they spoil are put in the pickle juice where they will last for months without going bad and, well, I have pickled onions, garlic, okra, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts and some bits that are hard to recognize.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Appreciate the replies. I've been cooking and mixing some in with the dogs food. They seem to be ok with it.

Gave some away, a lot of folks didn't have much luck with zucchini this year in my AO

Like the pickling idea, I'm going to give that a try
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Pickle them, then "hot water bath" can them. My wife and I just pickled 20 pounds of Zucchini Labor Day weekend. After you're through processing them, you wait for the jars to cool and seal themselves, then you put them in the root cellar. The recipe said that you should wait for three weeks before eating them.....yeah, right....we were eating some of them as soon as the jars cooled down. Man, Zucchini make great pickles!
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Zucchini relish?  

I’ve had it but not made it, about to as I have a bunch of zucchini to use up and lots of canning jars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top