Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2019 10:00:55 AM EDT
Been a while since I hammered the local hog population. I think I ended up with 16 or 17. Night started out a little warm and humid. Some of the wash out in the videos is due to grass... I had to crawl and work my way in for some of these shots, including wading thru some marsh.

Thermal is a Pulsar Trail XP50, shooting a 18" Bison Armory 6.8 SPC with hand loaded 120gr SST.

Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
hope you had a sharp knife...
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Your Video should be titled "A-Pork-alypse Now"!!

Way to Whack'em & Stack'em!
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL... usually they haul ass at the first shot. I think the position I had on some of the shots worked out as the trees seemed to cover some of the noise, I was using a YHM LT suppressor though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The field of dead hogs
Looks like you had a good night
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Good killing
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome stuff, OP
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Looked like a fun night.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Good job stacking sausage candidates!
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL... usually they haul ass at the first shot. I think the position I had on some of the shots worked out as the trees seemed to cover some of the noise, I was using a YHM LT suppressor though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering what was going on...
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was wondering what was going on...
View Quote
I was to... I was like damn are they deaf? All but a few of the shots were prone and as you can see, I was barely high enough on some of the shots to clear the ground, I would crawl and check, crawl and check,  or at least it seemed like it a few times. The wind was blowing about 5-10 to my side, I think a combo of a few things really helped dampen the shot noise thus giving me an unusually longer time to pick them off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I've shot deer when other deer are around... The initial crack from the gun startled the group but they all stuck around, even as Pappa buck fell over and died . It wasn't until I crawled out of the blind that they ran away.

Animals don't necessarily think gunshots=bad. Like a crack of thunder perhaps.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've shot deer when other deer are around... The initial crack from the gun startled the group but they all stuck around, even as Pappa buck fell over and died . It wasn't until I crawled out of the blind that they ran away.

Animals don't necessarily think gunshots=bad. Like a crack of thunder perhaps.
View Quote
Very true... I once shot a nice buck that was 20 yards from two doe. He hit the dirt and started doing the twirl around, the doe took a few steps towards him and were like .
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
That thing is sited in great...DRT!  I got a laugh out of that second to last video...."I don't know how many that is 4 or 5"...I was like ya, keep killing those fuckers...lol.  Couple of times I was like....just start blasting away at those fuckers....it seemed like there were all right together but you weren't shooting...lol..good times.  Thanks for posting those!
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That thing is sited in great...DRT!  I got a laugh out of that second to last video...."I don't know how many that is 4 or 5"...I was like ya, keep killing those fuckers...lol.  Couple of times I was like....just start blasting away at those fuckers....it seemed like there were all right together but you weren't shooting...lol..good times.  Thanks for posting those!
View Quote
Yep... clusters of hogs all over BUT I'm hunting a ranch loaded with cattle in every direction... don't want to risk hitting a cow I did see or via ricochet so I try to contain my excitement lol and not get trigger happy, I try for select shots... took me a few years to get access to this place and don't want to lose it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top