Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2019 10:35:31 PM EDT
This stack plus other misc power supplies and other stuff. This is the coolest stuff.

Attachment Attached File

Oh and a Hickok 6000a tube tester!
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice find.  If they are all original, they can probably be fixed up for use, without too much trouble.

I'm pretty sure that Hallicrafters HT-44 transmitter is what my Dad had back in the 1960s.  He also had the matching SX-117.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The TenTec Omni D is a nice rig and still supported.  At that age the PTO will probably need to be rebuilt.  There are a couple of good YouTube video's describing the process.  Takes a couple of hours and the radio will be good as new.  Great find!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Great find!
As said before, it they haven't been monkeyed with inside, they should be relatively easy to get running.

About the Hammarlunds: Just hope nobody got loose in the IF strip with his "golden screwdriver". The secret of the receiver's selectivity is the correct stagger-tuning of the IF transformers, and to be done properly, it takes a sweep generator and oscilloscope. I worked for Hammarlund back in the early sixties and believe me, they are a bitch to get set up right, but when they are, they'll rival Collin's mechanical filters.

If the clock doesn't work, leave the set plugged in but turned off for a few days. The clock motor will warm up and hopefully free up the stiffened lubrication.

Of course, as with any vintage set, replace the filter capacitors before powering it up. A shorted or leaking capacitor can burn out the power transformer, then you're in for some big $$$ for a replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top