Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2020 12:19:22 PM EDT
I have been reading about ozone generators to cover human scent.  I like the idea of hanging one in the tree while I hunt to mask my scent.

Before you say hunt the wind, etc. my place is small and I do not always have that liberty with my schedule.

Experiences?

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not used the in stand types.  I do use an ozone generator to de-stink my clothing.  It seems to work well enough.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used one, but have long thought about it.  I can't remember the guys name or chanel, but there is a giant dude that is an outfitter way North in Canada that swears by ozonics in his ground blinds.

If I had more permanent/regular stands or a blind, I would probably give one a shot.  Like you, I try to hunt the wind, but sometimes don't always get what I want.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Jim SHockey?

I doubt any of the "pro's" use 1/2 of the shit off camera that they get paid to endorse.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Not Shockey.  I know him.  I will try to find the guy's channel.

Got him.  Dean Partidge.

I have used similar-ish products in my home and thought about using them for hunting.  I realize a lot of TV is BS, especially when guys are getting paid to pimp stuff, but the theory seems to make sense.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#5]
This guy?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ikAfHA2uE
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and don't like it because it creates a noise that is just loud enough to cover sounds like footsteps.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been using an Ozonics for several years.

Most of the time it works great.  I still get busted once in a while.  Can't really explain it.

I've killed several bucks that came from downwind.  Every now and then, an old doe busts me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top