Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 4:47:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0001]
I just started reading it on my kindle. So far so good.

EMP Los Angeles

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Has excellent reviews on Amazon
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]

I finished it last week and really enjoyed it.  Locations are centered around where I live.  I could imagine the layouts while I was reading.  I'd highly recommend.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finished reading it. Awesome book
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome.  I'll give it a shot.  Always looking for good reads.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
How does it compare to "One Second After"
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
This book is not nearly as well edited and written as "One Second Later". That being said it is a decent read because it provides a unique perspective from a LEO. There are 3 major story arcs in the book. The main protagonist, a LEO, on his way home, the protagonists wife whose at home with their four year old, and the protagonists coworkers who are at the police station in the middle of a crime ridden neighborhood in California.

I found that some parts of the book were overly descriptive of gear and tactics similar to James Rawles book  Patriots. The book did not have a solid ending and was setup for a sequel. Overall I would give it a 3 out of a 5.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NYCsurvivor:
This book is not nearly as well edited and written as "One Second Later". That being said it is a decent read because it provides a unique perspective from a LEO. There are 3 major story arcs in the book. The main protagonist, a LEO, on his way home, the protagonists wife whose at home with their four year old, and the protagonists coworkers who are at the police station in the middle of a crime ridden neighborhood in California.

I found that some parts of the book were overly descriptive of gear and tactics similar to James Rawles book  Patriots. The book did not have a solid ending and was setup for a sequel. Overall I would give it a 3 out of a 5.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks. I will check this out!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The author definitely needs to have it run through an editor...  there are some big "what?" moments in the story (not the storyline, but his story has gaps and odd continuity issues).

I'd give it a solid 3/5 so far.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Took me several months of putting it down, reading other stuff and coming back to it to get it done. I'd probably give it at best a  5 out of 10 for SHTF fiction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top