Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2021 6:02:56 AM EDT
E-season is heating up.      The last three days I have been able to add Guatemala, Ecuador and Uruguay to my 6m DXCC total plus about half dozen new grid squares.  All using FT8.

Last summer was my first go with 6. 100w and a hexbeam.   This year I have a 500w amp and I just put up a 5 element yagi.  

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me that I need to get going and install my 6m7 yagis on my short tower, and also get my LDMOS amp running.

Too many projects, not enough free time. (Actually, that should be, too many excuses, not enough effort being put in.)

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems like it's having a slow start this year. I think by this time last year 10m FM was rolling pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sporadic E has a season?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sporadic E has a season?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sporadic E has a season?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporadic_E_propagation
As its name suggests, sporadic E is an abnormal event, but can happen at almost any time; it does, however, display seasonal patterns. Sporadic E activity peaks predictably in the summertime in both hemispheres. In North America, the peak is most noticeable in mid-to-late June, trailing off through late July and into early August. A much smaller peak is seen around the winter solstice. Activity usually begins in mid-December in the southern hemisphere, with the days immediately after Christmas being the most active period.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, D_Man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top