Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2022 6:18:59 PM EDT
We went out to the Eastern shore of MD for some sick hunting this past weekend. Saw some flocks as the sun came up and dropped a few. Within 2 minutes of the first ducks hitting the water a few eagles show up and start plucking our ducks out of the water. It was so cold, the guide couldn't get the boat started.

The guide said it was the first time he ever witnessed this. Anyone else ever experience this?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Man, every other pic is too big to upload... we have to update this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
We used to have to race the boat out fast after a flock came in and we dropped  a bunch of Eiders. The seals would steel them fast.
While fishing in Alaska the Bald Eagles would follow us around all day. If we caught a junk fish we would crack it on the head to stun it and the eagles would swoop in fast before any other could get it.
Was breathtaking to watch.

EIDERS:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scarsbeattats] [#2]
So you fukkers are the ones poisoning the eagles!

ETA, I know steel shot
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve lost numerous ducks to Eagles over the years. I lost one to a black bear a while back. The cost of doing business in Alaska
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had eagles steal my ducks. I've also had eagles swoop down low over my decoys to try and scare them up. Maybe 15 yards from me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The hardest part was explaining it to my wife who was waiting for duck to cook. "No, I swear, the eagles were stealing everything." Hahaha
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have any pictures?

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scarsbeattats:
Do you have any pictures?

View Quote

No. When it was happening we were anticipating more ducks so phone was in my pocket while I kept eyes on the skies. I'm what you call, "not good at remembering to whip my phone out."
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:52:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red-Stater] [#9]
Yes. I’ve seen eagles take out live snow geese mid air, and then proceed to eat them alive.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Snow goose hunting at Squaw Creek, MO. the eagles would come in every morning at the first salvo of shots.
They roost on high tension line about a quarter mile away,  and wait for cripples.
It was a race on the 4 wheeler to get any that sailed off.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow that’s wild
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to ask. No dog?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top