Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2019 5:55:10 PM EDT
Tomorrow opening of buck season for gun. Been hearing the fudds sight in their rifles all day long. .

Just walked dog and came around deck and 6 point standing there under apple tree, dog off leash and she takes off after deer.

Deer waits a good few seconds and realizes a yellow lab barreling down on it. It takes off leaping and bounding. Deer goes up hill, lab gets tired, lol. She getn old and know she will only run so far, kinda funny but wish she wouldnt.

Whats odds deer will return ? I was surprised it was out this early, usually they hit my place at dark.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Our "yard deer" don't seem to be bother much by the dog. He'll run them to the fence line and stop, they kind of half ass run away once they jump the fence. The deer come back to raid the bird feeder almost daily.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, young 6 points are stupid. Wait on his father. I’ve seen the same three six points for the last two months. They are bigger than most, so maybe in about three years.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Deer live around people (and dogs) year round. You won't spook them completely out of the county with one encounter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Deer don't take off in a mad dash and run a marathon.  They run a bit and stop. If the are still being pursued, they run a bit and stop. Lather, rinse, repeat until they are no longer pursued.

Said deer probably only ran 200-300 yards further than the dog. He'll be back to a food source but he may go nocturnal when he visits.

I have one particular doe (I think. She throws triplets every year) that visit my feeder and my dogs run her off over and over. And she comes back over and over.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea they were back by nightfall, need during day tho, lol.

It never fails, when i take dogs put, they wanna visit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top