Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2018 8:52:38 PM EDT
So not something most people normally see but my husky is off lead trained and I use him to hunt groundhog, rabbit and squirrel. For the last 4 years he has been a killing machine but about 2 months ago he fucked up and tussled with a beaver that had to have weighed 65 pounds. It whooped his ass up and down river bank and then went on it's way. He got chewed on a bit and now whenever he gets on a groundhog the second they try and turn on him he drops it and gives up the fight. What can I do to get the stone cold killer back in him?

Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Kill one, and play with him using the kill...
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I've got no tips to help, but just wanted to say that's a good looking dog!  How can you resist that face?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Give him some time. He'll be wiser now. He'll know not to jump on critters that are as big as he is. I have a 25 pound miniature Husky named Sue (named her after my late mother-in-law, who was a fine lady) that rules my back yard. Sue has killed at least 3 Opossum's, 2 squirrels, 2 rats and countless moles and mice. My Sue has the same black&white markings as your dog, except Sue has brown eyes, she's 3&1/2 years old.
I had 2 Female full size Huskies about 15 years ago, they killed everything that came into the yard, same as above except they killed house cats also. They were "Cinnamon" huskies, one was Honey backed with a white bottom and the other was  brown and white. I called them my "fighting bitches" because the fought at least once a week. The yellow backed blue eyed dog never understood the the brown backed amber eyed dog was "boss'.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Don’t feed him for 24-36 hrs before you go.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't help with the dog issue, but he's a good looking pup and I love the stainless 92.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top