Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 1:56:11 PM EDT
I have had trouble getting much action out of trout due to the water temps/oxygen levels.

I have had results with dry caddis flies and grasshoppers, but does anyone have any suggestions for more arrows for my quiver?

I am open to nymphing, wet fly, streamer, dry, you name it.  

The frigging trout were so picky that I had to match the grasshopper hues to the real thing.  To catch the grasshoppers I had to run around a stream-side field in my waders, waving my arms and looking like I was doing some kind of tribal dance, having a seizure or getting stung by bees.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never fished NH, but I had some good results in MT last week fishing hopper droppers (i.e. a hopper terrestrial with a nymph tied off the hook).  My go to nymphs for trout are usually a Prince and a Pheasant Tail.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks- I will try a combo dropper rig.  I have never done that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
kinda late to this thread but around here we have luck on terrestrials, grasshoppers, Chernobyls, fat alberts and mice. Chuck em at the bank and hold on.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top