Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2023 2:07:58 PM EDT
Look here at this ruck. The price and size have me intrigued. I would like to hear the positive or negative on this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
no idea but solid deal if genuine surplus
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
70 bucks, how could you go wrong?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
120 litters is going to be a real bitch to hump if it’s full
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I know nothing about this pack, except what I see in single pic provided.  It appears to be "Brit-inspired" due to detachable side pouches forming a day pack.  Impossible to say if Brit items will "mate" with this pack.

It's really unfortunate that no pix of shoulder straps/suspension system are provided.

It appears to be an internal frame pack, which may not play well with hard armor.  IIRC, that's why USMC had to ditch the ILBE series of packs.  You WILL want to "adjust" the removable stays to your body, and often some help is required; minor issue.

As pictured, pack appears very high/long, and such may interfere with taking a prone shooting position; From exam of single pic provided, it "appears" that top "lid" is not removable, so strongly suggest NOT emplacing anything in top lid other than flat maps and such, in order to reduce height/length of pack and be able to assume a proper prone shooting position.  YouTube vid posted below seems to suggest this.

No external PALS webbing, apparently.

If this a used pack, or even if actually new, strongly recommend examining every single inch of all stitched seams, and all fabric edges.  Remove the stays (needed for re-adjustment anyways) and turn the pack inside-out in order to make a decent examination and any sort of remediation measures.  If fabric edges are not taped, and raw edges of fabric are exposed, then carefully sear/melt the edges of fabric to prevent the fabric edges from progressively unravelling and then "blowing-out".  This is a common and "normal" procedure with lots of milsurp items, so not necessarily a "knock" on this particular item.  Practice makes perfect, and multiple Bic lighters will be required in order to prevent the lighters from overheating.

Again, just going by a single picture, and I could certainly be wrong about some "guesses" made above.

For the relatively inexpensive price, it seems fairly attractive.  If you have a need for this type of pack, and have the $ to spare, this pack might be a reasonable "speculation" on your part.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably 10 lbs empty.  Huge pack, with day pack on the side.

Cheap, might be a good duffle but I wouldn’t want to carry it far.
There are much better choices and they are much more $$.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZmksg1kGM

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

review here

View Quote
An interesting and useful review.  TYVM for posting it.  Much more interesting are the "User Comments", some of which were made by actual users.

After watching the Youtube vid, and reading some of the "User Comments", I believe this pack "might" be a good value for the $70 price, if it serves your particular purposes.

Suggest resisting the temptation of stuffing anything but flat maps into the permanent "lid/top cover" of the pack, and it might well do.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
An interesting and useful review.  TYVM for posting it.  Much more interesting are the "User Comments", some of which were made by actual users.

After watching the Youtube vid, and reading some of the "User Comments", I believe this pack "might" be a good value for the $70 price, if it serves your particular purposes.

Suggest resisting the temptation of stuffing anything but flat maps into the permanent "lid/top cover" of the pack, and it might well do.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

review here

Thank you for the link as well

As for my purpose would be making it into my bug out bag. The amount of space doesnt necessarily scare me personally  it does mean i have a better chance keeping it in  versus exposed to the elements how my current set up is.

The detachable side bags are interesting especially since it looks like i could attach you use some sort of nylon strapping and make a mini back pack.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Might be useful in reading this longstanding thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/BOB-what-it-should-be-/18-506065/
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might be useful in reading this longstanding thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/BOB-what-it-should-be-/18-506065/
View Quote

Yup i know it very well. I think in2as commenting close to 10 years ago

After  seeing what litre to cubic inches are it is likely double what i need as an individual but i do have my youngster who is mobile but needs as well.

Now its time for a pro and con list on this specific pack
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Tactical Tailor has some good prices on a few packs...

72 hour medic pack in coyote is $100. USA made. I saw this deal in team and picked one up. It's a nice pack especially for the money.

https://tacticaltailor.com/cerberus-72-hour-medic-pack/
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Having further read and with viewing YT vids, this very large pack just night be worth considering, if such a large pack is required.  YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top