Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2023 4:36:07 PM EDT
I have a few of these masks, having trouble finding how to attach a hydration system or a usual manual. Any tips?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
After a quick google search, there does not appear to be a drinking tube in the mask so no way to use with a canteen, etc.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After a quick google search, there does not appear to be a drinking tube in the mask so no way to use with a canteen, etc.  

View Quote

Ok, making sure I wasn't missing anything. I bought these and I'm honestly shocked they make any that don't have a hydration system.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The CBRN guys I’ve spent time with seemed pretty adamant that you don’t get to drink with a gas mask on. One way or another, you’re going to die.

Not even worried about it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The CBRN guys I’ve spent time with seemed pretty adamant that you don’t get to drink with a gas mask on. One way or another, you’re going to die.

Not even worried about it.
View Quote

Lol, well, you most certainly will die without water. We used the hydration system quite often when I was in. Now, if they could figure out how you could eat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol, well, you most certainly will die without water. We used the hydration system quite often when I was in. Now, if they could figure out how you could eat.
View Quote

That was the thing, hydration…

They know that the hydration system doesn’t work or will be contaminated. In an actual gas attack, or similar event, everything is contaminated. So you’re just going to end up dead, but I guess you’ll die a hydrated death. In theory you’ll also not have a great time exposing your dangleydoodles or buttocks to such agents. However, they’re also of the opinion that MOPP is pretty much useless too.

In the event of a CBRN attack, your PPE is designed only to keep you alive enough to hopefully unalive the other guys (although it’s a safe bet they’re going to die too, if within small arms distance of the contaminant) before you keel over.

If you’re worried about stuff that won’t insta-kill you, like a smoke-device, riot gas, etc, then you’re good.

I have it on good authority that war is hell, and many good men will die for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with a lot of what you said. I know nerve agents and other forms can be can be in liquid form as well as gas, and you can absorb it through your skin. I was looking more at gas attacks. I live close to the port of Tampa and we've got all kinds of nasty things there.

But that said your absolutely dead if you do nothing. Mopp suits, masks, scuba ect at least is better than nothing. We trained alot in NBC in my batt. Hell we use to do 2 to 3 mile runs wearing the masks. Talk about feeling like you were suffocating. It was rough. We even used the older masks the M17 for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top