Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2023 1:34:27 PM EDT
Daughter started making ammo can caliber decals for locals  and gun shows as a little side hustle .... she saw my husband get pissed looking through ammo cans for some bolts he had stored (we store ALOT of stuff in ammo cans on the homestead)  so she made vinyl decals for the cans we had on top shelf .... after she finishes the cans she's going to do decals for our 5 gallon buckets for rice, dried beans , etc....Gotta keep em productive , lolAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice...but what kind of straps?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Smart girl!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Very Cool! I really need to do that. I have sharpie all over mine and wiped off and re-written lol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Label all sides so no matter which way the can is oriented you can tell what it is.

Seconds count.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Smart kid, those look great! I used to use sharpies until I decided ammo cans are clunky and annoying so I gave them all away.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice...but what kind of straps?
View Quote

For us it's varrying Tow straps or pulling straps for 4wheeler (like tubular webbing)  only ..... all other straps  are in the trucks or trailers .
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Label all sides so no matter which way the can is oriented you can tell what it is.

Seconds count.
View Quote

Quoted:

Seconds count.
View Quote

Understand that  and agree.... but this is all long term storage stuff , or non rush items .... Even like the "Trauma" stuff .... if well beyond surplus ... but agree completely  we have a few cans in house that are got tos and they are labeled front and top , to see from different angles
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang, the looks a heck of a lot better than my sharpie scribble lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
What is she using to print labels?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure it’s illegal to organize your ammo cans
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is she using to print labels?
View Quote
I'm guessing a Cricut, one of its competitors or a full on Vinyl Plotter from Signswarehouse or USCutter.com
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How many strippers fit in an ammo can? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

A S#/× load lol .... but for us , that's  extra stripper clips,  speed loaders,  several stripper bandoliers  with cardboard folded down....so that label  fits that whole genre ..... lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bawhahahaha.... sorry didn't catch the pun until after I did my last reply to ya , lol Hell , I'm a blonde....(well strawberry blonde with screaming grey).....
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Made magnetic labels 2 decades ago...cut out magnetic sheet to the size & shape of printable "Avery" labels. If I need a different label I just print a new one and stick it over the old. If I want to change cans I can easily pull them off and move to another can.

It's not as elegant but darn it works great!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Several if you cremate them first.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cricut?

View Quote

Computerized cutting machine. It cuts vinyl, paper, thin wood & plastics; I've even had my wife cut a new seal for an air pump out of some thin leather for me.

Think 3D printer, or CNC router, but cutting flat things in a small machine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, I know what a Cricut is.  

I was asking if that's what she used.

I've been eyeing them at Sam's, but not certain I want to deal with the interface.

View Quote

Yes The circuit..... she uses the one that's around the $300 + price point ..... I'd have to look at model.... bur was the best out of the 3 we got .... What we discovered was the circuit  material SUCKS...... LIKE HORRIBLE .... took us awhile  to find good material to work with ... but can't complain at all about the machines itself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top