Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 7:32:03 AM EDT
I am trying to engineer/build a dc to ac system that will be used to supply power to a future TT hence the reason I am posting here.  I have a 22 F250 with the 7.3 and dual alternators.  I would like the ability to boondock wherever and if need be power the TT from the truck with 120ac

I have a tool box in the bed of the truck and this is where I would like to mount all of the components.  I will figure out a way to ventilate.

So I am looking for suggestions for vendors, components, etc.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Victron, Renogy, BattleBorn, etc.

Why not solar, though?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Victron, Renogy, BattleBorn, etc.

Why not solar, though?
View Quote

Transporting and storing the panels .  I'd rather not have solar panels stacked up in the bed of my pickup
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Mount the solar on top of the trailer.

Otherwise, you really don't have a great way to recharge them, unless you are going to idle that truck for hours per day.

1st off, I'd calculate your total amp-hours of energy usage per day.  From that, you can start to size batteries and determine if you can replenish that amount of amp-hrs using your truck.

I have a 200 amp-hour battery and 200W solar and run a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, a few lights, and diesel heater.  It's sized about right, as I rarely get to 50% of my battery's capacity on the highest-use days.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I am setting this up for a hey we're parking in the middle of nowhere tonight so we can power some things in the trailer minus the air conditioning and if I go somewhere with the truck that I need 120 volt power to run tools I can do so even if it means idling the truck for a while to keep up with the demand
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a look at Red Arc Electronics perhaps…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top