Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2020 10:15:57 AM EDT
What does the Hive say ? $189.00 I have heard good but always interested suggestions
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a fishing tackle shop that also repairs reels.  We have sold quite a few of the SLX DC’s and the Curado DC’s.  They don’t have any issues outside of a bearing going out due to saltwater.  The DC units are solid.  We had one Metanium DC unit go out, but Shimano sent us a brand new one.  The SLX in all its forms is a great, reasonably priced reel
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:
I own a fishing tackle shop that also repairs reels.  We have sold quite a few of the SLX DC’s and the Curado DC’s.  They don’t have any issues outside of a bearing going out due to saltwater.  The DC units are solid.  We had one Metanium DC unit go out, but Shimano sent us a brand new one.  The SLX in all its forms is a great, reasonably priced reel
View Quote

Good to hear. Thanks for insights
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
DC is legit and excellent for light lures and headwinds.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WJangler04] [#4]
Got one back in May and am enjoying it. If you're experienced with baitcasters, I don't think you'll notice too much of a difference over a conventional braking system. It is quite nice in windy conditions though and I'm able to cast further into the wind. I've been using mine for lighter reaction baits for both bass and inshore fishing. Brake setting for me is typically kept on 2, but if I'm trying to pitch into a tighter area I'll knock it down to 1. It made a nice addition to my Shimano lineup, but my Scorpion MGL is still my favorite. The new Curado 70 is on the way too. I'm looking forward to picking one of those up, even if it is just an I series with mild updates.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Spend $60 more and get the Curado DC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. Nice reel.
May 8 year old grandson can cast it on the number 4 setting and cast with no backlash.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three DC reels - Curado, Scorpion, and the Metanium. I have played with the SLX DC but found it sort of cheap feeling in its construction although it reviews well. The Curado at $249 is a good reel but another $40 gets you the Scorpion DC and this, in my opinion, is the best bargain. It has the iDC5 brake system which is also on the Metanium and it is worlds better than the iDC4 on the SLX and Curado as it features a set-and-forget automatic mode which is incredible. The Metanium is the class DC reel in teh lineup but at $499 may be out of some people's budget. It is smoother than the Scorpion and casts a mile but if I was only allowed one DC reel it would be the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got an SLX DC a few months ago.  It is amazing.  I will be switching out all my reels for DC's in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top