Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2021 9:56:34 AM EDT
Does anyone have a reliable source for these specifically the trouser in Large Extra Long?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
and the world responded "WTF are you talking about?"
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

like these

They are basically ACU cut but in tan.. I have a number of pairs now,, but am looking for more,, I bought the only pair they had at the provided link.. they are all surplus I'm hoping to find a source that is not dependent on surplus
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the old BDU pants.

I use these for work and like them quite a bit.

https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/pants/mens-simply-tactical-cargo-pants
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like the old BDU pants.

I use these for work and like them quite a bit.

https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/pants/mens-simply-tactical-cargo-pants
View Quote

Thanks for that unfortunately"unhemmed" is a 37" inseam, I need a 38" finished.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for that unfortunately"unhemmed" is a 37" inseam, I need a 38" finished.
View Quote

Looks like Propper has an extra long (can't find how long it is though).  You might reach out to them and ask what it is.

You may have to look into custom pants for new (been there before myself).
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
5.11 Tactical has 40" and unhemmed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks like Propper has an extra long (can't find how long it is though).  You might reach out to them and ask what it is.

View Quote

I'm not seeing the extra long on their site, they seem to go from 34 to unhemmed and indicate unhemmed to be 37".

The CivPu are perfect in large extra long, but they are seemingly pretty scarce.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]

$40

Lol
Nope

Carhart seconds for $27 at Sierra Trading Post
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Why does any honest man need cargo pockets?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$40

Lol
Nope

Carhart seconds for $27 at Sierra Trading Post
View Quote

Exactly what I would do if I had quit growing when I was 12y/o
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

For cargo, an honest man carries his own
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Tactical gear.com

locate trouser you like.

find size charts, order and wear.

I remember back in the day 5.11 poo pooed cargo pockets. Look at them now. They have many cargo pocketed trousers.

while you may or may not need or use them. They are handy now and again.

Same time wearing a thong just isn't going to result in you finding a date.
we can't all be @protus
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tactical gear.com

locate trouser you like.

find size charts, order and wear.

I remember back in the day 5.11 poo pooed cargo pockets. Look at them now. They have many cargo pocketed trousers.

while you may or may not need or use them. They are handy now and again.

Same time wearing a thong just isn't going to result in you finding a date.
we can't all be @protus
View Quote

You seem to be overlooking the need for extra long. There are plenty of "tactical" pants available in 52x32 but pretty much none in 36x38, likely due to the fact that much of their market consists of the police.

One thing the federal government does do is recognize the need for trousers for people taller than average, but the overwhelming majority are camo pattern. I can buy ACU cut in a variety of camo patterns all day everyday,  but solid colors not so much.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#14]
LAPG offers most of their stuff in an unhemmed version.  

https://lapolicegear.com/brands/la-police-gear/lapg-pants-shorts.html#query=c900&items_per_page=72&sort_method=selling_price.filter/asc&page=1
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for that, looks like of all those varieties one is available in 36xunhemmed and I don't see anywhere what their definition of unhemmed is, I'll contact them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You seem to be overlooking the need for extra long. There are plenty of "tactical" pants available in 52x32 but pretty much none in 36x38, likely due to the fact that much of their market consists of the police.

One thing the federal government does do is recognize the need for trousers for people taller than average, but the overwhelming majority are camo pattern. I can buy ACU cut in a variety of camo patterns all day everyday,  but solid colors not so much.
View Quote
Ah, missed that. Did not know they did not go that high. Never even noticed unhemmed before.
how much of your ankle shows in 36?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, missed that. Did not know they did not go that high. Never even noticed unhemmed before.
how much of your ankle shows in 36?
View Quote

LOL, all of it
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing the extra long on their site, they seem to go from 34 to unhemmed and indicate unhemmed to be 37".

The CivPu are perfect in large extra long, but they are seemingly pretty scarce.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are an option on this pant type (only on M and XL), but not seeing the length.  I would just e-mail them to see what it is.

https://www.propper.com/mens/pants/propperr-button-fly-bdu-trouser-battle-ripr.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

To put stuff in.

I carry my wallet and glasses in mine, so the wallet doesn't throw my hip out while sitting.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

#BradPittWWZWear
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are an option on this pant type (only on M and XL), but not seeing the length.  I would just e-mail them to see what it is.

https://www.propper.com/mens/pants/propperr-button-fly-bdu-trouser-battle-ripr.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extra long generically is 38-40, which is fine. I don't understand them not making it in Large though which is 36-38 and what I need.

I can get into the MXL,  I have several pairs, but an IWB holster is a no go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL, all of it
View Quote

Corcorans, and blouse them?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cargo pants, the not-so-tactical world calls them cargo pants.

I have two pair, rarely wear them.  

The first thing I did was grab the seam ripper and remove the velcro from all the pockets.  Seriously, it should never take two hands and feats of superhuman strength to get my wallet out of the back pocket.

If I should ever find myself inadvertently inverted, I accept that I will have to pick up whatever might fall out of the pockets.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The first thing I did was grab the seam ripper and remove the velcro from all the pockets.  Seriously, it should never take two hands and feats of superhuman strength to get my wallet out of the back pocket.

If I should ever find myself inadvertently inverted, I accept that I will have to pick up whatever might fall out of the pockets.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not exactly I'd post a picture of the garment label but in 2021 ARFCOM doesn't allow pictures taken with a phone made in this century.

CivPu is a garment set issued by the US Government made identically to the ACU but in solid tan, and while it does have velcro on the cargo pockets (as well as bungees) the rear pockets have buttons .

My specific interest in them is rooted in the fact that I already have some and want more, and the fact that they are made in actual extra long sizes (no 36 is not extra long).

Although I recognize your personal struggle, I'll admit that I and most normal men have no difficulty in overpowering velcro, good luck with that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

To carry shit? Phone, ear buds for handsfree, wallet, keys, flashlight, extra mag for the CCW....that sort of thing.

Why would an honest man question what another honest man needs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To carry shit? Phone, ear buds for handsfree, wallet, keys, flashlight, extra mag for the CCW....that sort of thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Le sigh.
Nobody?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Le sigh.
Nobody?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Le sigh.
Nobody?

You seem to be conducting your own conversation that nobody else is privy to.

If you want us to join in your fun you may have to tell us what game it is you're playing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wear TD Neptune pants and Kuhl renegade. Neither look too tactical, but do have cargo pockets. Left cargo pocket is my wallet and right is my house keys. Cell phone in left pocket and car key in right pocket.

I'm not sure why so many people are triggered by cargo pants.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Le sigh.
Nobody?
View Quote

Don't feel bad, some of us got it.
Obviously, you fit the canned ham in the cargo pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top