Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2023 9:18:03 AM EDT

Looking for good (reliable) resources for raising chickens for egg laying.  Not looking at 10,000 chickens...just a handful of chickens.

Lots of stuff on the internet, just wanted to see if anyone has a source they turn to on a regular basis for information.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about resources but here's a youtube video.
She's informative.
Chickens don't really need much to live, they're pretty easy to take care of.
DAILY CHICKEN CARE ROUTINE | Raising Backyard Poultry | Hobby Farm Homestead | Egg Laying Hens

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Youtube videos, websites, as long as its reliable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
BYC is the best, imho forum for any information on raising chickens or other fowl.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Agree, Backyard Chickens has more than you'll ever need to know about chickens. Good folks too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BYC seems to have the stuff I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Backyardchickens.com
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
We currently have 20 laying hens and a rooster. We're getting 10-17 eggs per day with them. Earlier this year we bought an incubator and hatched out 16 more chickens to go with our current flock. They're still too small to lay but we'll be getting close to 30 per day later this year when they start laying. We have a mix of Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, and Lavender Orpingtons. We're literally swimming in eggs so I can only imagine how it will be in the fall!
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We currently have 20 laying hens and a rooster. We're getting 10-17 eggs per day with them. Earlier this year we bought an incubator and hatched out 16 more chickens to go with our current flock. They're still too small to lay but we'll be getting close to 30 per day later this year when they start laying. We have a mix of Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, and Lavender Orpingtons. We're literally swimming in eggs so I can only imagine how it will be in the fall!
View Quote

What are you using to house so many chickens?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top