Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2019 6:58:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI.  cheap gens can be dangerous . Bought a cheap gen from Northern Tools. It sporadically leaks all fuel out due to what I sumise is a sticky carb float.

Make sure you cut off fuel supply if fuel still in tank at end of run. Also make sure to ground gen during operation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one the other day.
Its under 20lbs and quite enough i could talk to my kid standing next to it with out raising our voices.
Its an inverter gen.
Itll be used to charge devices run fans led lighting etc. At night.
Vs
The Harley Davidson freight train 4400 i use for the fridge/chest freezer.

.5 gallons for 6+ hours of 50% load ... thats saving gas the big unit would guzzle.

Also...
At 19 lbs...Alice pack with shelf, you could hump this to a Lp/Op to keep comms,batteries etc topped off.
Barring proximity of zombies of course.....

The dual fuel one for 289 $ caught my eye as well...
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:38:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Listing at $189 now, "on sale"
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Judging from the reviews, it goes on sale for approx. $150 on a pretty regular basis.

If you didn't catch this sale, another one will probably be around soon.

So far, I am VERY impressed with this model. In its size class, it's probably the next best thing to a Honda EU1000i or Yamaha EF1000iS - for roughly 1/5th the price.

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good to know, thank you!

A friend posted it on our forums a few days ago and mentioned $189. I wasn't super interested but looked a day later and it was $149. so yeah they probably switch it back and forth from time to time.
View Quote
I got in at the end of 149..i think friday it was?
They have a 2k thats under 200$ as well.

But like you i got this to power all the " little " stuff a bigger generator would be over kill for. Plus its mobile enough to toss in the truck for car camping...i mean glamping ...
Small 24inch LED tv...computer speakers and small dvd/blueray ....and im watching Reddawn by the fire, while laying on a king size air bed...while  sipping on a cold one from the mini fridge

Fyi.
It comes with a small tool kit, battery charging cables as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Fixed your link.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top