Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2020 1:47:45 PM EDT
I have a 1 year old ruger 450 bm (no iron sight's) matched with a Leupold VX Freedom
3-9x40. On a bench this thing is a tack driver, farthest shot was 175 yds... however non bench hunting... I struggle.

I have always seemed to shoot better with over/under scope mount's.

If I were to pull the scope off and change the front mount..to something that sit's higher.... then the rear.... then re-mount to rifle...

How much would 100 yd zero be off? Say I rose the scope 1/2 in...

Would I need to redo everything?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't imagine anything good coming from raising the front mount.  You should try adding some sort of cheek rest to the comb of the stock as that will likely help substantially.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Anytime you swap mounts you should expect to rezero.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
1- What is an over/under scope mount?

2- Is the current scope mounted with two separate rings? If so, are you asking about changing the “front” one to a different height than the rear?? (I am confused)

3- If you remove the scope and change how it is mounted, you will have to re-zero it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top