Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2022 10:18:37 AM EDT
Shopping for a camera, currently comparing  Tactacam and Spypoint.  Anyone offering real life feedback for use at the beginning of a driveway or a trail.  Driveway use would be used more for security and the trail use would be more out of curiosity to see the game/wildlife that actually use the trail and at what times.  We have seen a gang of turkey walk through the yard as well as deer.  Looking for pros / cons quality / battery usage etc. to either of the above mentioned or if you have used another, feel free to comment.  The cellular plans for either are very similar cost wise.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Th consensus is TactaCam probably has the best price/performance ratio.

That being said, better have cell service.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Starlink cam?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Creative -XP, Glass Raven at my cabin. I have it so I can keep an eye on the place, (worried about falling trees) I use non cellular cameras for game pictures. Has been in use for 1 year now. no problems, yet. I had to change out the batteries once. I think it was because I had the solar panel aimed wrong. once I moved it have not had a problem. It's about 65 yards from the cabin, which is a little to far, about 15' up in a tree. The pictures will get a little pixelated when I enlarge them. The sun comes up from behind it so I do get pictures of tree shadows a lot. But it gives me a chance to see all is good. (since you can't trigger it remotely). It goes through sim hero which I haven't had a problem with. It doesn't take very good pictures at night though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two tactacam reveal x cameras.  one on our driveway coming in, and one i use around the farm.  Primarily on hog bait when we know we have a hog problem...  I use the ATT version and it works well on our place.  It takes about 30 seconds to get a pic with a good signal....
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Ring camera that is solar powered.

This would be more for your use at the driveway.

I was 500 miles from home last week and could open the app on my phone and check on the front porch.

I watched a solar sales guy leave a card.

This is another guy, he has a beer in his right hand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Night time is a decent view.  My internet on this pic is a little weak.  It is usually more clear.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]
https://m.reolink.com/us/product/reolink-go/?attribute_pa_version=1-pack-white&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoWtqnugNi17bFZNwYHR9nOE4aokZLn323Q_XcHL1kstzL2pnQZSSiwaAjKIEALw_wcB

https://www.eiotclub.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoVG6NcrW7YgE305qJ2GLlaDf_c0Gz-VLBpViH2K2E2PGajZJcKYvTUaAu4tEALw_wcB

https://youtu.be/4Fj8H9SyTw4

I have the Reolink go solar at our cabin. I purchased the eiot sim card. A $100 gets you a year of data or 2400 minutes of video approximately. It work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top