Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2020 6:11:13 PM EDT
Fishing's been slow lately. Did manage enough for a couple good meals, and enjoyed a nice day, 70+ sunny, and little wind. There's some 14"+ fish there (have to be 12+ to keep).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
enjoy dinner.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had garbage luck at this local lake. They let some grass take over the entire bank save for where the dock is and the dock doesn't go out but 6ft and heavily pressured.

Early this year I pulled a few 3lb white crappie from this lake now I can't pull anything
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice, enjoy

My Wife and I bought a House on the Kissimmee chain of lakes 3.5 months ago which is known
for Speck fishing. But this has been a bad time for us as my father in law died and my mother
died couple months later. I had a cancer scare and turned out to be benign but I have a bad
infection from the biopsy. One thing after another has kept me from going fishing.

But I know that things will get better.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice. I’ve not had much luck with fall crappie.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Nice, enjoy

My Wife and I bought a House on the Kissimmee chain of lakes 3.5 months ago which is known
for Speck fishing. But this has been a bad time for us as my father in law died and my mother
died couple months later. I had a cancer scare and turned out to be benign but I have a bad
infection from the biopsy. One thing after another has kept me from going fishing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Nice, enjoy

Thanks!

Dang, sure hope things get better for you soon. You need to go fishing!

Originally Posted By TheSelecter:
Very nice!

Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
enjoy dinner.

Thanks, but just finished a NY Strip but I'll be having fish in a few days.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Very nice. I’ve not had much luck with fall crappie.
View Quote

I'm just getting back into fishing more. LOL I get tired of walking around the boat out in the barn, and just seeing it set. Not been a lot of boats on the Lake, and the Guides have been scarce (which is alright with me) which is a good indication the fishing is slow, so no money in it for them to go.

Some years are just better than others. I'm looking forward to some cold temps.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Went Monday, fog so thick you couldn't see 20'. Some dumbass came through entirely too hot for the conditions, we were both yelling at him hoping he'd hear us. I came close to putting a round in the water, but he came into sight and saw us finally.

Anyway, fog didn't burn-off until close to 9:30-10:00. Managed 3 keepers before we just gave up.

My fishing buddy

Late morning fog

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
enjoy dinner.

Thanks, but just finished a NY Strip  but I'll be having fish in a few days.
FPC-GOA-NRA Lifer
View Quote

You going with a flour or corn batter breading? I prefer corn meal batter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]

You going with a flour or corn batter breading? I prefer corn meal batter.
View Quote

I do beer (or milk), egg, and mayo beat in a bowl, soak fillets in it while prepping the deep fryer, run a rolling pin over a gallon zip lock with a pack of saltines inside (crush pretty fine), shake the excess off the fillets, toss them into the baggie, seal, and coat evenly. Drop into hot oil.

Used to use Fryin' Magic, but they stopped making it. Saltine crackers is the closest I've come to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Went this AM, after waking to low 20* temps. Hit the ramp just before sunrise. Caught the 1st fish within 5 minutes of getting set-up, and quit at 11AM with 9 nice ones in the cooler.

Wind was supposed to be up, but after checking early this morning, forecast had changed. Minimum keeper size is over 12", and I don't keep anything under 12.25", so there are some 14"+ fish.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]
What lake?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top