Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 9:47:51 PM EDT
I’m looking at getting some wet weather clothing for wear when ATV trail riding. It needs to stop rain and block most wind.

I’ve been looking at the Carhartt Storm Defender Angler jacket and bibs. Anyone have any experience with those or recommend anything similar? I’ve thought about milspec Goretex but I’d like a little more coverage when seated.

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That should work for you. I have the heavy one piece coveralls and a mid weight Carhart hooded jacket both have been quite satisfactory. I have a thin gortex jacket from Cabelas that is a good top layer for other clothing.

Mens Yukon Extreme Coveralls
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any experience with the Carhartt gear you mentioned, as my needs are a little different.

I will say I worked outside all week in Houston during Hurricane Harvey wearing a Carhartt rain suit.  Worth. Every. Penny.

Attachment Attached File

I understand a manufacturer can have hits and misses within its own product line but if my rain gear is representative then I can't advise against it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I regularly wear a Carhartt jacket for working outside but have not owned their wet weather clothing.  Been pretty happy with the Carhartt stuff I own now. Military Goretex would do what I want for the most part but it might get some water below the jacket while seated so I think the bibs would give better protection.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
When I'm in really muddy stuff with deep water I'll be riding through, I wear a pair of hip waders and a HH Active 2 rain jacket.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I'm in really muddy stuff with deep water I'll be riding through, I wear a pair of hip waders and a HH Active 2 rain jacket.
View Quote
Generally I don't ride in very muddy conditions.  Not saying I never get into any mud (because I do occasionally) but I don't go looking for it like many riders do.  A normal set of Carhartt or similar brand bibs and coat would work for all my uses other than not repelling much rain.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have what I think is that same jacket, it's top quality for work gear.

Carhartt has a reputation (a well earned one) of making work gear that just does it's job and holds up well doing it.

I have a lot of their outerwear and haven't been dissapointed yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top