Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 10:45:16 PM EDT
I'm looking at planning a group bearhunt in 2017.   Any recommendations? Most people would be coming from the Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas area so preferably either a location somewhat near the border in the Midwest part of Canada or someplace that has access to an airport with regularly scheduled flights.  

Also, when I call places to ask questions are there any questions I should be asking them?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
first off, what kind of bear?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Black bear. Grizzly would be great but from what I understand those hunts are much more  expensive while black bear seems cheap.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Biggest black bear in Canada are in Newfoundland.  My cousin and uncle are guides in central NL. Most hunters come for moose but bear is actually easier to get.  They bait them.  Wait in a tree stand until dusk until they show up for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack this thread but since there is already one I am also looking for a single person 2017 or 2018 fall black bear hunt drive-able from Central, WI., about 12-14 hrs max drive if possible. I can research plenty online but the fact is I need a cabin or room with electricity for my c-pap sleep device. Not a health issue other than being able to breath when I sleep. :-) Any guides that can chime in or recommendations would help cut down on my research. Trophy bear hunt not necessary, just good old normal 200lb+ bear hunt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ewell44:
Not to hijack this thread but since there is already one I am also looking for a single person 2017 or 2018 fall black bear hunt drive-able from Central, WI., about 12-14 hrs max drive if possible. I can research plenty online but the fact is I need a cabin or room with electricity for my c-pap sleep device. Not a health issue other than being able to breath when I sleep. :-) Any guides that can chime in or recommendations would help cut down on my research. Trophy bear hunt not necessary, just good old normal 200lb+ bear hunt.
View Quote
I'm booked for a spring 2018 black bear hunt in Saskatchewan. Let me know if you want their contact info.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ugagrad06] [#6]
I have recently hunted with the Trail End Camp & Outfitters (website link).

I've been friends with the owner for a decade or so and been fishing there multiple times and hunting once.

It is a 7-day trip and includes transport to/from the Winnipeg airport.

Cabins are nice and above anything i've had at hunt camp before.  cleaned daily and plenty private.

The hunting itself is all up and down the Winnipeg River in a variety of tree or ground blinds.  

I ended up harvesting a black bear that measured 7' from nose to tail.  Skull measurements were 19-5/16", making it a Pope & Young recognized kill.

Average day is like this:
- wake up and walk to the main cabin for breakfast
- fishing until about 11:30 - 12:00.  focused on Walleye or Pike but some small mouth spots hidden around if you ask.
- lunch at the cabin; usually soup and a sandwich and mostly made of game animals harvested at camp / by vance
- head out to the stands for afternoon bear hunts, loading up around 2pm in to boats
- pick up from guides after dark / hunting over
- dinner served; we had moose lissagnia, elk steaks, walleye, and more.  incredible home cooked meals.
- bonfire after dinner if you want; but we were usually gassed and went straight to bed.

give them a call.  they sell out all their tags every year, but are an incredible group to hunt with, fairly priced, and honest.  Once you're done with your bear hunt, you're now on a guided fishing trip the rest of your time there with no additional cost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top